Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coggy what a twat

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
does any one remember the game when micheal robinson got hit in the face with a cog from a pedal bike; it was thrown by some twat who was aiming for their goalie itwas thrown from the northstand. he was caught and charged and dissapeared for awhile only to return months later with the nickname COGGY does any one no him, or remembers the team we were playing that day 1980s i think

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I thought we were actually playing Man City.... but could be mistaken.

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought it was thrown from the West Stand and it had a message to Robinson scrawled on it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Notts County, he was aiming for Raddy Avramovic & was nearly charged under the old race relations act. Often found to be running whenever anything kicked off.

Now a respectable businessman, still a twat.

Last edited:

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
hi all i was at said game in the north stand and it did get thrown from there and it was notts county... good job some of the lads didnt get hold of him where we was ..dont thnk he,d still be alive to be a twat!!!!:eek::eek:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was in the West Stand North terrace and the cog came from the North Stand. Stupid stupid action and it was a wonder no-one was seriously injured and that the authorities made more of it!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I think I can spare one or two. If anyone ever needs one.

Really?
You stated that the missle came from the west stand. It didnt it came from the north.
You stated that the missile had a message written on it for michael robinson. It didnt, as it wasnt thrown at michael robinson.
I dont think you can afford to lose any without replacing them.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I think I can spare one or two. If anyone ever needs one.

Yeah you were spot on with your report werent you?!

The missile didnt come the stand that you stated and didnt have a mesage to michael robinson on it as it wasnt thrown at him! I should look to replace any cogs in your head before you think about giving them away.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Notts County, he was aiming for Raddy Avramovic & was nearly charged under the old race relations act. Often found to be running whenever anything kicked off.

Now a respectable businessman, still a twat.

Yep respectable businessman, attends lots of games whos grown up and moved on.

Pity the same couldnt be said for some with old grudges obviously.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Robinson was a real Albion legend.
The next away game at Swansea on a miserable midweek night, someone bought an engraved tankard and awarded it to Robinson, fantastic gesture.
Slept at Haywards Heath train station that night as I couldn't get back to home in Croydon (at the time).
"We'll take more care of you Robinson, Robinson"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought it was thrown from the West Stand and it had a message to Robinson scrawled on it.
It was definitely the North Stand and scratched on it was something like "BHA thugs" (there was a picture of it in the Argus) so it was nothing to do with Robinson. Although it wasn't aimed at Robinson it was during one of the periods when the fans were deserting the club in droves and those that remained where constantly on the players' backs (we weren't winning matches as easily as we had done in the old third division days). As he was treating Robinson the trainer (Mike Yaxley?) said to Jimmy Case "It wasn't one of our fans who threw this."
"No," replied Case, "we haven't got any."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here