Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG OUT!! and BARBER IN !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 2m2 minutes ago

PB: Pricing strategy is around making football as affordable as possible for fans. It's important to #BHAFC that as many renew as possible.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 40s40 seconds ago

PB: Every year there are a group who can't renew, for various reasons. I hope people will stay loyal to #BHAFC as they have for many years.

I think that group will be an exodus this year

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
When will Brighton have a team to match the level of its support? (last season, 11th best in the country, currently 18th best in the country, despite playing badly lower league football)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Back from the meeting. Well organised and well attended as usual.

That's the positives.

Usual spin and waffle from Barber IMO, and he got off lightly. He talks a great game.

"COG and Baldock were never replacements for Ulloa, just players being added to a squad."

"Don't see a problem with loan players, they are just part of a squad"

"ST info out this weekend, prices could be reviewed in worst case scenario of relegation."

The only time Murray could have come back was when Gus was there, and he didn't want him back.

GOSBTS words on screen, he doesn't see why not, but feels many wouldn't like it. but interestingly Paul C is very anti the idea.

I was however impressed with the guy from the Acadamy, long term futures bright. We really need to stay up this year.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
GOSBTS words on screen, he doesn't see why not, but feels many wouldn't like it. but interestingly Paul C is very anti the idea.
Who is Paul C. ...? (Camillin?). I assume he is an old school Albion consumed individual with a particular agenda about words for Sussex By The Sea and the big screens...?

The vast majority of The Amex crowd would love a good "sing-a-long".

Just get on with it and do something decent that will benefit rather than degrade the sense of pride and connection that fans have to the club.

At the very least, just try it. The pre match "singing" of our club anthem could not be any weaker than it currently is, so why not try something new....?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry thought it was last night. Could somebody be blunt and ask outright why the team is so poor in comparison to the last 3 seasons and why so many bad signings. 1 or 2 is expected to not work but we have many.

I would say thats down to Burke. Who was relieved of his duties so thankfully steps were taken
i still want an answer re sami tho. Why try and keep him when it was clear he was out of his depth AND a resignation means no compensation!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Thanks to those who went for the updates but if that's all he managed to say it must have been a pretty uninspiring meeting? Interesting that he said COG and Baldock were additions not replacements for Ulloa. Did he say who was the replacement?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting that he said COG and Baldock were additions not replacements for Ulloa. Did he say who was the replacement?

I imagine that is very complicated and they are still trying their best for the RIGHT player. As they are the two forwards we signed, along with Colunga who wanted out, they must be the replacements for Ulloa no matter how much waffle is spouted, surely?

Are we supposed to belief that the team was supposed to perform without a replacement for Ulloa, remember Bloom said he expected this squad to challenge again? I don't think the club had any intention of replacing Ulloa adequately and took a flyer on COG.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Attended the meeting last night and was the first time I have attended anything similar. Thoughts and additional comments as follows:

Thought Barber was pretty good. He answered vitually every question (exception was details of season ticket renewals) as honestly as I thought he could have done.
I didn't think he was given a particularly easy time bearing in mind he had to answer why we are rubbish this year and why we don't spend more.
They showed a 5 minute highlight reel of the academy kids and there was some outstanding play from all the age groups.
Re loan deals (an he gave Lingard as an example) - often there are clauses which say we pay X% of the players wages but if the player doesn't play that amount is higher. In other words its in our financial interest to play loan players.
Man Utd have a whole department which just deal with loans.
We did aproach the kid from Burgess Hill who went to Hull, but he wouldn't come for a weeks assessment. All kids have to come for a weeks assessment so the club can assess them physically and personality wise.
Hotel plans are progressing but could not reveal any more details.
Hypia wanted Baldock and signed him to play in a team style that Hypia wanted.
As said above, we cant replace an 8 million pond player (Ulloa) with another 8 million pound player because of the wages.
We could have sold COG for more money than we bought him for but CH wanted to keep him.
Target is to have 30% academy products in the first team (by appearance).
Albion football centres are pushing into Surrey.

Thats all I can remember.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Attended the meeting last night and was the first time I have attended anything similar. Thoughts and additional comments as follows:

Thought Barber was pretty good. He answered vitually every question (exception was details of season ticket renewals) as honestly as I thought he could have done.
I didn't think he was given a particularly easy time bearing in mind he had to answer why we are rubbish this year and why we don't spend more.
They showed a 5 minute highlight reel of the academy kids and there was some outstanding play from all the age groups.
Re loan deals (an he gave Lingard as an example) - often there are clauses which say we pay X% of the players wages but if the player doesn't play that amount is higher. In other words its in our financial interest to play loan players.
Man Utd have a whole department which just deal with loans.
We did aproach the kid from Burgess Hill who went to Hull, but he wouldn't come for a weeks assessment. All kids have to come for a weeks assessment so the club can assess them physically and personality wise.
Hotel plans are progressing but could not reveal any more details.
Hypia wanted Baldock and signed him to play in a team style that Hypia wanted.
As said above, we cant replace an 8 million pond player (Ulloa) with another 8 million pound player because of the wages.
We could have sold COG for more money than we bought him for but CH wanted to keep him.
Target is to have 30% academy products in the first team (by appearance).
Albion football centres are pushing into Surrey.

Thats all I can remember.
That explains why Gary Gardner was picked every week, and perhaps why Best is being chosen ahead of O'Grady.

Thanks for the heads up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here