Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Coffee machine - Tassimo, Dolce Gusto or Nespresso?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Another vote for Nespresso De Longhi Lattisima. Used pods get collected when new pods get delivered. Good selection to choose from.
It's so easy to use and as a result I drink too much coffee.
i am on my second Krups machine and am very satisfied with the standard of the coffee however would not buy the pods from Nespresso, far too expensive, supermarkets stock a number of compatible pods from various makers

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Coffee-Machine-PNG-Image-Transparent.png :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd personally go for a more traditional barista style/espresso machine. More expensive up front (c. £500), but cheaper per coffee thereafter.

All down to personal taste I know, but I haven't yet tried a pod-produced coffee that comes anywhere close to the flavour I can get by making coffee using one of these. I believe they are getting better, but the environmental impact of the pods themselves also puts me off (we got some compostable ones for a holiday cottage stay before lockdown II, but they weren't very good...)

View attachment 131298

Agree with your rationale.
I bought a Rancilio Silva with a Rocky Grinder a few years back, and it's one of the best purchases I've made in my life. Despite the £700 outlay, it's more than paid for itself in the reduction of spend in cafes. Rancilio make just one commercial machine, all the rest of their output is for trade. It makes better coffee than you get in many cafes. I've settled on Union beans.

https://www.ranciliogroup.com/rancilio/silvia/silvia/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here