Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee in Brighton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
..... or you google what someone just posted on an internet forum for you and start browsing through the entire Lakeland website thinking "Oooh, isn't that marvellous, and practical too".

It's a slippery slope and no mistake :lolol:

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Where do I go for a really good coffee? Fed up with the Starbucks, Costa, Nero style brown water and I tried Frankie's Grinder on Edward St yesterday but it was SHOCKING. Can't be that difficult to make a nice small coffee???

If that is where you are going for coffee, then you are in for a big surprise.

Coffee @ 33 on Trafalgar St
Bond Street Coffee (on Bond Street)
Ground in Kemp Town
Mr Wolfe on Montpelier Place

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You know you're starting to get old when you (a) find yourself in Lakeland, and (b) find yourself looking at their products, thinking "Oooh, isn't that marvellous, and practical too".

This first happened to me about a year and a half ago. I was horrified.

..... or you google what someone just posted on an internet forum for you and start browsing through the entire Lakeland website thinking "Oooh, isn't that marvellous, and practical too".

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
You know you're starting to get old when you (a) find yourself in Lakeland, and (b) find yourself looking at their products, thinking "Oooh, isn't that marvellous, and practical too".

You'll be holding tupperware parties next. Oh and can we please use the proper terminology please, it's a Thermos flask.

Wooly hat, thermos, blanket over the knees = Pensioner. And I thought Brighton was young, cool and hip!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Coffee shop - The place for smug people to act smug whilst double hand cupping their over priced beverage served by some stuck up hipster 'barista' (minimum wage waiter) and watch Brighton and Hove yummy mummy's curl their legs up on the sofas like its their ****ing front room.

I think you've missed out manbags and Apple from your Giant Compendium of Cliches that you got for Christmas :)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Taking the thread off-topic can anyone remember the Golden Egg on the corner of Ship Street and North Street - proper cafeteria, none of this 'Barista' nonsense in the '60's and '70's. Is it still Athena?

Anything you liked, so long as it was accompanied by a fried egg - happy days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Slipping in the bath is another sign. This happened to me recently.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If you want something different try Chocaffinitea in Gloucester Road where it crosses Kensington Gardens/Sydney Street.

They have an espresso machine, but there's more to their coffee than that. And the chocolate ....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if you are ever in Eastbourne
try M&S, we used to use STARBUCKS but now refuse to use them until they start paying some substantual tax
M&S is totally organic as well if you can put up with the wrincklies

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Red Roaster as previously said, Cafe Coho and the Cyclist at Brighton station does a good cup.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Do all you coffee lovers make it home ? How do you do it? What machine and bean? Crikey I am a poet and I did not know it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The Waiting Room at Brighton station does excellent coffee, at a good price compared with Small Batch et al. (Flat white at the waiting room is £2.00 compared with £2.50 at Small Batch). I use Small Batch at 7 Dials, and the coffee is good, but they take bl**dy ages to make it, and it is a bit hipster-heavy

Cafe Coho in Queens Rd and Ship Street also does good coffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here