Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Coffee drinkers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m only a one cup espresso drinker a day before I leave for work but what are you lot. Some people I work with are obsessed with it…. I don’t mind the odd cappuccino either.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Builders tea with plenty of sugar is my preferred morning beverage, can’t get excited about all the pretentious w@nkery that seems to go along with coffee.

Give me a 60/40 Assam/Ceylon blend perfectly steeped for precisely 4 minutes, 30 seconds, and I’m content. 😉

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've done this before, but I bought an espresso machine -- it's a Rancilio who produce one consumer product, all the rest are for the trade -- and it's the best purchase of a product I've so far made. I have two to four 'long blacks' (ie in between an espresso and Americano) in the morning, and another one mid-afternoon on a standard day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two a day, normally L'Or Americano at home or Americano with an extra Espresso shot from the work coffee machine. I need caffeine to function first thing.

Also espresso or double espresso after a good boozy restaurant lunch. Absolutely no sugar.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I drink super strong coffee made in a stove top percolator or metal French press, but the whole thing’s a complete waste of time as I don’t have the caffeine/coffee gene so it does nothing. I drink it solely for the taste. Would love to experience the ‘rush’ but it ain’t ever gonna happen.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Large instant when I get up
Regular Americano with milk on the train to London
Mug from free filter machine in office when I get there

That gets me to about 8:15 and don’t drink anymore coffee after that.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm an addict. But consciously limit myself to 1 or 2 a day. I drink a long black in the morning and espresso mid-morning. Always double shots. I grind my beans and pull my espresso shots, as above I have a Rancilio.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
regular black, no sugar, when I get to work - and generally 2 or 3 during the work day. Then a black decaf about 8pm at home from our Delonghi Dolce Gusto.
Cappuccino if we go out for breakfast, and iced coffee if we are out and about during the summer months.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Tea soon after I wake up, then a Lavazza latte later on in the morning. That's a double shot, half coffee, half milk in a mug, into the microwave for a minute, add two sugars. It hits the spot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll sometimes have an Americano with cream and sugar after a big restaurant meal.
I drink coffee I’d say, about 10 times a year. Not a fan but do get the urge occasionally.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Imho this explains EVERYTHING

100841813_per_capita-nc.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Coffee with my toast for breakfast (whatever’s on offer at the supermarket)…then a flask made for the days working with a Kenco sachet costing approximately 40p

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used to have about 8 cups of coffee a day, and my heart rate and dizzy spells got to a level I went to see the doctor.
I now only have one coffee in a medium sized travel mug of fresh coffee from a percolator in the morning, but it has to be with this puppy, no hazelnut creamer, no coffee for me now.

Oh hang on, I do the occasional Espresso martini after a meal out.

Attachments

• Nestle-Coffee-Mate-Hazelnut-Creamer-425g-15oz-min.jpg
    Nestle-Coffee-Mate-Hazelnut-Creamer-425g-15oz-min.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When at home, about 4 espressos.
At work, about 2 black coffees on dayshift and on nightshift, just the one.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Grind the beans, soak in hot water, drink it black with no sugar, repeat morning and evening. Lovely and simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here