Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coeliac Disease

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I have been diagnosed as suffering from Coeliac disease, which means I can no longer eat or drink anything containing gluten, including BEER. Anyone else on here suffer from this, and if so , do they know of any gluten-free beers?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Thanks guys. Lots of information there. Looks like I'll still be able to enjoy a beer or three.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Best of luck. My Dad's had it for years. The diet can be a pain in the arse (no pun intended !) but he has got used to it and his digestive health has been so much better since he was diagnosed and changed his diet.

If you don't fancy the gluten free beer there's always Cider or Gin!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
that must be a bit of a bugger, i thought it was from childhood. imagine never being able to have an erdinger again. does it rule out whisky too?

che

Nov 24, 2007
Good luck. But in time you will used to it .It is only an other habit of living

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My Brpther in law is a Coeliac sufferer.

Took a bit of time for him to sort out his food but after that its not too mmuch bother, and as someone else said it litterally has transformed him health wise now he is eating the correct stuff.

You will feel so much better soon, and beers arent a problem !

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have been diagnosed as suffering from Coeliac disease, which means I can no longer eat or drink anything containing gluten, including BEER. Anyone else on here suffer from this, and if so , do they know of any gluten-free beers?

f***, sorry to hear that fella. It can be a bit of a bugger, I've heard, but I think it's easier to cope with these days. And if you do stick to the diet, you'll feel so much better.

Good luck :thumbsup:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Many thanks for all your kind words. I,m not too bothered about adjusting my diet ( to be honest I was probably eating too much junk food ), but I will miss my customary couple of pints of Harveys in the Brewery Tap before a home game. However wine and spirits are allowed so it's not all bad:clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
On the diet front all the major supermarkets carry a range of foods that are wheat and gluten free. My ex-stepdaughter had it (got diagnosed at 4) and it took a bit of getting use to but in the end she and we got used to it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry to hear this SD. I hope it isn't catching. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here