Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coach from Maidstone

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Wondered if anyone on here catches the coach from Maidstone. If so perhaps you would be kind enough to answer the following questions.

Is it usually full?
Where in Maidstone does it pick up from?
What time does it pick up on evening matches and how long aprrox is the journey?
Does it leave pretty quickly after the match?

Thanks

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
that would also be useful for me, as I live in gravesend. is much easier {and cheaper} to get to and from maidstone than it is to the :amex:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Myself and friends from Maidstone have been driving down and parking in a layby on the A27 and then walking, but on Wednesday he got his car keyed so want to explore other options.

If you are referring to the Seagulls Travel coach it normally needs to be pre-booked - details on club web site.
Coach leaves Maidstone East station at 4.10 pm for evening games. Takes over two hours because of route pick ups and is usually fairly full by the time of the last stop in Uckfield but it does vary slightly from game to game. Hope this helps.

ps After Saturday games usually leaves around 5.15 pm. This is my first evening game so cannot comment specifically about tonight. Journey is quicker coming back and I am usually back in Maidstone for 7 pm on a Saturday.

Thanks very much, sadly I think 4-10 is a little too early for me.

I agree 4.10 is too early for most people who work. When I first purchased my travel ticket for the year the departure time was later but in light of the first journey they brought it forward by about an hour. Your post does give me the chance to air my view that the route they take is time consuming because of one pick up in Southborough rather than taking the quicker route round Paddocks Wood and Pembury. Any one who travels on the road between Tonbridge and Tunbride Wells will know what I mean. It also means I now incur parking charges in Maidstone for evening fixtures when a later departure would have meant I could have parked free. I doubt I will use this arrangement again next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here