Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A female friend watched her first and only Albion game a year or so ago. She knew nothing about football and asked why that bloke with the blond hair keeps falling over and waving his arms around; why doesn't he try and score a goal instead?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Play to his strengths and he will score goals for some reason only known to himself Poyet didn't.

Isn't this the really worrying thing though. I think we all thought that Oscar's team would move the ball quickly and at pace - but after two and half seasons in the Championship we are still really shot shy. And we really struggle to commit bodies forward. We play in front of teams beautifully - but when it comes to balls down the channels, interplay on the edge of the box and some direct pace (CMS's strength) - we just can't/don't play that way.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
A female friend watched her first and only Albion game a year or so ago. She knew nothing about football and asked why that bloke with the blond hair keeps falling over and waving his arms around; why doesn't he try and score a goal instead?

You sure she didn't mean Barnes? Never seen someone fall over so much and wave their arms about.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I expect him to be good within Oscars style but I hope that too many dont expect too much too soon and start giving him stick as he will obviously take time to get re-adjusted and match fit.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Isn't this the really worrying thing though. I think we all thought that Oscar's team would move the ball quickly and at pace - but after two and half seasons in the Championship we are still really shot shy. And we really struggle to commit bodies forward. We play in front of teams beautifully - but when it comes to balls down the channels, interplay on the edge of the box and some direct pace (CMS's strength) - we just can't/don't play that way.
Spot on, teams have worked us out especially at home. We should be going for that early goal at home 4-4-2 it for the first half. I'm no coach but as a fan I know exactly what we are going to serve up game after game, if I can see it so can the opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every team send a scout to watch their opponents before playing them perhaps for the game against Donny we should change at the last minute, having done it in training, and perhaps throw 2 up front if we have 2 to chose from and cancel out their pre planning. This would confuse any scouts sent from Leeds or any future opponents, who wouldn't know exactly how we were going to line up and play.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm really looking forward to it. We all know how differently certain players react to new managers, we've seen CMS can be deadly in the past, hopefully Oscar will get the best out of him. :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here