Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Today

Feb 14, 2010
Agree with this .... Lingard was missing for most of the game today

Its two games. Just back from injury. I'm happy with him as sub. So much energy when others tire and if he can be as composed on the ball, and be as intelligent with his running playing a bit deeper, making space by running into the wings to cross or cut inside then he can do some damage. Lua Lua is normally better as a sub too.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
CMS the man who understands the value of harrying defenders more then any other player i know!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First time I have seen him look like a proper footballer. Looked good on the ball, his control was acceptable, crossing excellent and he didnt run around like a headless chicken. Maybe Garcia has worked on it and educated him, or maybe he has learnt himself or maybe it was a one off! I dunno but he was good when he came on today.
What absolute and total bollox.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? - NO.

'oh I'm just going to spout all the same cliches all the big boys use, in the hope I can look cool too'.

Maybe, just maybe, CMS didn't 'run around like a headless chicken' because he was on the same pitch as March, KLL & Ulloa.
Maybe, just maybe, when surrounded by attacking players, who are attacking, CMS feels he doesn't have to cover every inch of grass. Instead of playing in sides where the nearest player is Barnes in the bizarre position of 'holding left winger', 40 yards away.
Maybe, Ulloa can score 2 (one offside) from 3 when crosses are put into him not the furthest away corner flag.

Nobody has done any work with CMS, you patronising baffoon.
He didn't need educating, he and Ulloa just need someone in the same half of the bloody pitch that they play in.

Sadly Oscar is nearly as guilty as the previous manager when it comes to making sure we don't lose, instead of playing to win.
But I'm happy to believe that's down to Oscar not having the attacking players available to do the job.

Dec 29, 2011
awww dont you like someone else knowing something you dont !!

More the fact I don't believe everything I read on the internet. If you had a credible source I'd be more than happy to believe you. You don't know if it includes play-offs though, and I know that for sure :thumbsup:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This "bollox" of CMS running around like a headless chicken stems from who knows where.

He (CMS) was wasted by GP by the way he set his team up so probably no-one could have done any better in a situation where, as the 'one up front' and when the ball was booted forward ( left or right ), he chased it like no other person would have.

His goal scoring stats. under the circumstances were more than decent and, remembering last season, he was our top goal scorer despite being sidelined for much of the season.

I don't like to draw comparisons but he has scored goals for us that no other could have done during the time he has been here ( remember Burnley away last season )

All things considered we are lucky to have him and I hope he is soon over his injury completely and will contribute to our play offs performance !

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Cross couldn't have been better, laid it on a plate for Leo, delighted for him :O

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its in Lingards contract that, if hes fit he starts every game
It's easy to believe that Man U wanted him to get game time, and were only happy to loan him to a club that would give him that game time, hence the clause. And Brighton would obviously be able to not play him/return him if he wasn't playing well enough - no way Brighton would be stuck having to play someone who wasn't up to it. And if that's all true, I can't see how it would matter if he didn't start on Thursday - Man U could recall him, as per the contract, but what would be the point now the standard season is over. Man U wanted him to get game time, and he got it. Oscar will pick the team that's most likely to get us the result.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More the fact I don't believe everything I read on the internet. If you had a credible source I'd be more than happy to believe you. You don't know if it includes play-offs though, and I know that for sure :thumbsup:

I def heard that somewhere although maybe it's a case of - u must give him adaquete game time or we ll just recall him...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's easy to believe that Man U wanted him to get game time, and were only happy to loan him to a club that would give him that game time, hence the clause. And Brighton would obviously be able to not play him/return him if he wasn't playing well enough - no way Brighton would be stuck having to play someone who wasn't up to it. And if that's all true, I can't see how it would matter if he didn't start on Thursday - Man U could recall him, as per the contract, but what would be the point now the standard season is over. Man U wanted him to get game time, and he got it. Oscar will pick the team that's most likely to get us the result.

I agree entirely with what you are saying and the only thing I would add is that the Albion would not wish to disregard any clause in a loan contract as that may reduce the likelihood of further such contracts from that ( or any other ) parent club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not getting into a debate about how good CMS is. All I care about is that his cross won us the game. He might well have paid off his transfer fee right there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You've got to love the bloke. Tries his heart out for every second he's on the pitch. Today he producted a bit of real quality from the wing, I have high hopes that he can play as part of an inter-changing 3 behind the target man up front. He has all the attributues, I think that's how Oscar wants to play, sooooooooooo looking forward to how he does next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here