Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Luton?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CMS has a family to support , the only footballers who wont have to work again for the rest of their lives after they hang up their boots at 35 are the likes of Beckham and Rooney.

Sort of. I would think that footballers who have earned good money for 3 years in the 2nd tier will never have to even think about a mortgage on a house most of us could only dream of owning. Life and career choice is an awful lot easier if you have investments, a desireable place of your own, and absolutely no mortgage.

I'd say that "with a bit of careful planning", he could afford to do something he really enjoys for very low pay for the rest of his working life, and still have a very tidy standard of living.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe.

I'm happy to lay the boot into the likes of Agustien and Best all day long, but not CMS, and he was no particular favourite of mine. He arrived in what was an amazingly exciting Summer four years ago. The finishing touches were being put to the Amex and we were back in the Championship again with the prospect of being able to properly compete for the first time in a generation.

CMS seemed destined for better things than us. Bigger clubs with deeper pockets were courting him, but Poyet and Bloom pulled off what we all thought was an absolute blinder. He was a beacon for Albion optimism.

In the intervening four years he has been an absolutely tremendous representative of the club. Yes, we can joke about the smiling, the nice hair, the clapping of the fans and always retweeting but the fact is, in the modern age of footballst twats, he has been anything but that. He has the right to feel a bit aggrieved about his time here but if he does feel that way, he never showed it as he always behaved in an exemplary manner.

Our younger players won't have learned how to control a football when looking at CMS, but I hope they have picked up the right way to go about their trade.

Maybe that would have been a better contribution to this thread than your opening gambit of 'Spite from some of the usual suspects - no great surprise'.

And I find it hard to disagree with anything you've said there.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Lol you could add in that goal against Burnley...but it still is poor..personally i think truth lies somewhere between his ability and the way we set up.
He still remains the type of guy you hope gets success ...somewhere.

Incidentally I think he had his highlight and lowlight against Burnley. The overhead kick was an unequivocally wonderful goal, however I struggled to forgive that last minute shot against Burnley when we were trailing 1-0 at the Amex with 9 men, no excuse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Incidentally I think he had his highlight and lowlight against Burnley. The overhead kick was an unequivocally wonderful goal, however I struggled to forgive that last minute shot against Burnley when we were trailing 1-0 at the Amex with 9 men, no excuse.

Who could ever forget that Burnley game a classic in its way

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yep for me it was away at Palace. One nil (FFS header from a corner and down to ten men thanks to Dunks early sending off). Second half kicks off. CMS somehow races thru with the keeper to beat and of course wastes the chance. If we had scored 1-1 down to 10 men. We may have held on. Tails up. Dig in lads. Lets sing heroic songs how the 10 men went to burn Selhurst, CMS the hero.

No

Instead FFS goes up the other end, falls over Kuzaks hand (he did it for us I cant complain). Penalty. Taken by FFS 2-0 game over. Palace then score a third later on.

However as Darren says he was the consummate professional unlike twats like Kemy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here