Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich for £4M

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I don't really think hes shit, hes just not very good. In all seriousness anyone who has pace can hurry a defender or goal keeper, CMS just does it more than anyone else.. Most decent strikers will reserve their energy instead of chasing lost causes. I really wanted it to work out here for him but it has never really taken off. He has had moments of brilliance but they are very few and far between. Serious question, Do you think CMS has been good value for money?

I think it's an interesting question. On the basis of the fact it was a club record fee, probably not. BUT 2.5m for a striker isn't above the going rate in this division, when you consider the money spent on the likes of Austin, Rhodes etc. I compare the fees spent on our players not against our past (when we were tinpot and didn't have the money to spend even if we'd wanted to) but against the competition - and I don't think there's a club in the division who, when CMS rattled in 35 for Peterboro, wouldn't have said 2.5m was good value. It's up for discussion whether you feel it's been worth it but, comparatively, I'm not UNhappy.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Sorry I have to say this. The idea that CMS is either shit or "not very good" is a total joke. His touch has improved no end since last season, he is scoring more that he did last year and has been playing largley in a team where he has had to lead the line on his own (not his strength). Whilst I would not be devasted if he left (I use the word devasted realising that it is a ridiculous word to use with regard to football) I would feel that we would make a big mistake letting him go when Ulloa could and I suspect will be the foil he needs.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I assume he hasn't bought you the beer either ?

No beer has been received. However, that may be in part due to me throwing the offer back in his face at the time. Still want my apology though!

- - - Updated - - -

No beer has been received. However, that may be in part due to me throwing the offer back in his face at the time. Still want my apology though!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I've yet to receive an apology. Which I think shows that I was right to tell you to F off in the first place.

You were right I was wrong, I'm sorry.

Hopefully my apology will be accepted and I will endeavour to not make any more statements regarding the football club without first making sure my "rumours" are better researched.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Hopefully my apology will be accepted and I will endeavour to not make any more statements regarding the football club without first making sure my "rumours" are better researched.

Apology accepted. I assumed you'd gone off to hide under a bridge. Fair play.

And no, keep your money to treat yourself when Craig scores the winner in the Play-off final :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Apology accepted. I assumed you'd gone off to hide under a bridge. Fair play.

And no, keep your money to treat yourself when Craig scores the winner in the Play-off final :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here