Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Must Start Against Yeovil

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
He was the only one who showed a bit of pace and passion today when he came on.
Lua Lua's one trick failed time after time and Lingard was like Bambi with a hernia. Was March on the pitch?

I'd play CMS, Lopez and Buckley(legs permitting) from the off on Friday. Maybe this is not the time for the young uns.

Not convinced he is fit enough to start. When fit he made good runs, but to be fair struggled to make much of them.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
From what I've seen of CMS in his recent cameos he certainly gets into more advanced and dangerous positions than Lingard.

Unfortunately CMS is coming back into the side at a time when we have no outstanding playmaker capable of supplying the sort of incisive passes that take advantage of his instincts. Maybe only Lopez and Orlandi in our squad are capable of this but are now only fringe players themselves.

So I fear that CMS will continue to get flack on here - when he just does not get the service and support he needs. Plus he also needs a bit more pitch time.

I for one will be delighted when CMS gets on the score sheet, hopefully in the next two games!!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
CMS will get a start in the next two games for one simple reason, so Oscar can watch him over 90 minutes before making a decision about this future at the club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The blokes behind me call him 'unlucky Craig' and, between us we said 'unlucky Craig' at least six times in those 20 minutes, starting with when the ball hit the back of his head.

:smile: sums CMS up. Tries his heart out, bless, the crowd love him smiling and waving back, also his attempts in vain to chase defenders down, but not up to the class of a quality Championship striker. Alas.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the problem with CMS starting, is that then there is more chance he may score, and then we may have to witness the cringy seagulls flap hands celebration.......no promotion to the EPL is worth that.

;-)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What had he had since his injury? 60-70 mins at most. He certainly gave us something different when he came on against Huddersfield.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
-------------PIG-------------
Bruno---Greer--Upson---Ward
------------Ince-------------
----------Stephens----------
Buckley----Lingard-------KLL
------------Ulloa------------

Ince has been one of our best three players this season, and should be starting every match.

Agree with this especially about Ince, but would start Orlandi or Lopez instead of KLL.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He was the only one who showed a bit of pace and passion today when he came on.
Lua Lua's one trick failed time after time and Lingard was like Bambi with a hernia. Was March on the pitch?

I'd play CMS, Lopez and Buckley(legs permitting) from the off on Friday. Maybe this is not the time for the young uns.

Lopez for his creativity, Buckley for his pace and potential goalscoring and CMS because he always has passion and worries big defenders. Its not over yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
i think people are forgetting that CMS wasn't particularly good previously. he's just been out injured for a year. he's not going to come back and be amazing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lopez and Buckley in for KLL and March for me.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The decision to play Lua Lua surely depends on the opposition. They can either handle him (in which case he is completely ineffective) or they can't (in which case he's a match winner). There really doesn't seem any middle ground.

KLL has shown to me across this season that he has reached his best, Saturdays display was probably the poorest I have seen and he was lucky to start the second half. He shows no awareness of what is happening around him, his input is sporadic, he fades in and out of the game, his crossing is dreadful, he has only one trick, his shooting is woeful and the incessant diving shows him to be somewhat of an ameteur. The decision to play Lua Lua depends on the manager, what an earth is OG thinking about when he selects him, he's a waste of Brighton shirt atm.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
KLL has shown to me across this season that he has reached his best, Saturdays display was probably the poorest I have seen and he was lucky to start the second half. He shows no awareness of what is happening around him, his input is sporadic, he fades in and out of the game, his crossing is dreadful, he has only one trick, his shooting is woeful and the incessant diving shows him to be somewhat of an ameteur. The decision to play Lua Lua depends on the manager, what an earth is OG thinking about when he selects him, he's a waste of Brighton shirt atm.

I think you're being a little harsh. What frustrates me most is precisely this lack of awareness, he seems so bound up with what he can do to such an extent that I never expect him to play a devastating pass. He can cross occasionally: his one against Leeds was one that springs to mind. And his shooting is good; zero goals this season says a lot about him, but this is one area where he's been unlucky, he's hit the goalframe on multiple occasions.
Agree entirely with your earlier point about needing the creativity of Lopez (or, if fit, Orlandi) to unlock defences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here