Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Peterborough United | Player | Latest News | MacAnthony On Mackail-Smith Departure

Really interesting interview with the Posh chairman. Says we bid a poor offer to start with but then upped it to make it a bit more upfront than Leicester's bid, which had already been accepted. CMS stalled over the Leicester move, West Ham pulled out and when our latest bid was accepted, he chose us. He reckons he wanted to come to us all along! Also mentioned that Reading, Wolves, Birmingham, Norwich (who bid for him in Jan) and QPR were all interested in him!

To just be mentioned as competing for signings with the likes of these clubs is a massive statement of intent. But to actually beat them to it is incredible. This will send shockwaves through the league. We are now real contenders, and it is thanks to Gus, Tony et al who have pulled off a masterstoke!:bowdown:
Screen shot 2011-07-04 at 16.14.44.png

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Someone ITK on the Leicester board was claiming thatwe were his favoured choice all along but borough weren't prepared to accept our initial bid but were willing to negotiate.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
hosky8: Feeling the love from @Linesy4. Great signing for us today. Goals goals goals lol.

Front pairing of our dreams?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I can't quite believe it.

When the news broke this morning I was asking myself whether he is worth that kind of money...it is a hell of a lot after all....but I cant argue with the excited feeling welling up inside me and the silly grin that seems to be fixed to my face. Wonder if we'll see him at Burgess Hill on Saturday? Prob too early but you never know.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Fantastic news
Had a shite weekend but now full of beans hearing this
Forget about the price, the only thing we need to know is that Mackail Smith is a goal machine

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't believe he scored so many in a side that struggled last time around. A lot with his head too. He's going to be awesome with us. We're very close to being challengers for the Premiership... and we've passed the oddball off to the scum! They'll buckled to his wage demands leaving them with nothing to spend on anyone else just to get one over on us! They're screwed and we're fighting for a play off spot. I'm loving this.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just reading the Posh fans forum and most seem to be saying its a sideways move, Sound familiar? Infairness I get there frustrations. One fan did say this though.

''How many people gave Norwich a cat-in-hell's chance of promotion, Brighton were a long way superior to anything in league one last season, they had the title sewn up before Easter. A new stadium to die for, and one of the best young managers anywhere in the world. Maybe not such a bad choice.''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here