Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Someone on twitter has tweeted that we've just had our bid accepted and linked to the Posh's chairmans twitter but its protected? Hm.

Think I need to take myself off to bed before I seriously think this will happen.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone know if this is true?

OnTheGlebe The Posh Podcast
Looks like @DMAC102 just admitted we accepted another bid for CMS. Guess the Brighton rumour could be true. Sake

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Here;s tweet

"Mad evening.Get back from training at 8pm to find another bid in my inbox. I accepted offer, so down to player to do whats best for him."

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have heard the same from a different Posh fan who is a mate this evening.

Did he maybe hear it from the same Twitter source? Anything posted on Twitter, especially about transfers, always trends crazily and it spreads like the plague. When Judas left us and it was still only rumoured he was going to the Scum, he was the 2nd or 3rd most discussed Twitter subject that day (I think! - don't use Twitter much myself but a mate who does said it was mental). I'm not saying I wouldn't love it but I just don't see how one dude posting it on Twitter is any more reliable a source than the countless 1-post Charlie's with TB's ear who choose to divulge their brilliant nuggets of bullshit on a daily basis. Plus after the KLL fiasco I can't be arsed getting my hopes up!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lots of Peterbrough fans using the words 'sideways move'.

Someone should introduce them to Swindon Town.

(believe it when I see it though)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Great news if true - CMS, Hoskins and Buckley would be quite handy going forward, but will believe it when I see it......I also wonder where splashing out around £3m on CMS will leave our budget to strengthen other areas of the squad?

If true this indicates real intent and that we are not in the Championship to make up the numbers. If we pick up KLL and one or two of the other names being talked up on here then we are in for a hell of a season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BUT. If he JUST accepted the bid we wouldn't have even spoken to CMS yet.
BUT it's not as straightforward as that. clubs can give permission to talk without actually accepting a bid, and since the stadium thing seems to be true then we must have been talking to him at some point!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This would be amazing news. I'm just concerned over the figures if it is true, like many have already said, and whether it will compromise the filling of other holes/vacant positions in the squad.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
BUT it's not as straightforward as that. clubs can give permission to talk without actually accepting a bid, and since the stadium thing seems to be true then we must have been talking to him at some point!

And he chose us, but we didn't bid enough. Now we have, to be announced tomorrow? Seems like a very quick turn around. Does explain him not moving to LC though...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
BUT. If he JUST accepted the bid we wouldn't have even spoken to CMS yet.

we've already shown him round Falmer, so i guess if the bid is ours, then we may have given an indication he wanted to join us, but the bid needed upping.

as someone said, what is making this interesting, is the different sources coming out and saying the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here