Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - Great work rate or terrible miss - you decide

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Great work rate AND a terrible miss.......only had to shoot either side of the defender and it was in!!!!!!!!!!!! Despite a loss I'm still proud of the side and the performance

nickbenjoe

May 3, 2009
You can not blame CMS the lone striker he run his heart out for the club today and so did the other 8.

He is a class act he must of been knacked but he keeps going and going but to move up to the next level you have to take those chances he would of learnt a lot about himself today.

But I was proud to be at the game today, come on the seagulls

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Understandable miss IMO. Had run his socks off, mega adrenaline as the ball drops to him and the second bite of the cherry he was massively off balance.

If that chance had come in the 30th minute he would have buried it.

Absolutely superbly well played by him, and the rest of the 9 remaining men.

Never enjoyed a 1-0 defeat so much in my life

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Basically, if he has time to think about it he's shit. If he shoots on instinct he's great.

agreed, he had too much time to think and allowed the keeper to come out and close down! that said his runs and rest of play was truly awesome today that gave the team a chance all the time it was 1 - 0.

What a game, memories at the Amex are already building thick and fast!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Even the best strikers miss chances.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe if CMS didn't have to feed on scraps all the time he'd have done better. The amount of work he has to put in to carve out any snifter of a chance is shameful. Probably losing a wee bit of his edge as a result. Get bloody George Boyd in in January to feed him the ball properly.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
when the ball came back from the initial save if only he was aware buckley was there it would have been one each, but it is instinct shame.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Basically, if he has time to think about it he's shit. If he shoots on instinct he's great.

Given he'd run his socks off for nealy 80 minutes ( while you'd probably last 80 seconds ) I'd suggest he was knackered. How on earth you can call him shit is well, completely unbelievable. You get this years CJTC award ( and probably last years ).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If I had run my arse off for 90 seconds let alone 90 minutes I would probably end up fluffing a shot or two.

Yes he should have buried it, but I can forgive him given his super human effort upfront on his own.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The first one was almost that he didn't realise how much time he had, snatched at it and the keeper saved - the rebound was clearly the most exhausted and lazy swing of a leg I've seen, he was running on empty by then, even by his standards, and barely had the energy to kick it, let alone pick a spot in the net. I don't judge him too harshly for it - if that was the 10th minute with the score at 0-0 it would be a shocker but you can't not have sympathy for the guy, the shift he put in.

nickbenjoe

May 3, 2009
Totally agree with your reply mate he was knacked I know one thing he will end up as a premiership player one day first player on my Albion team sheet every week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here