Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't think it's worth writing him off yet, he can still score 20 goals for us this season. But IMO he needs more support for that to happen (if Hoskins isn't the answer, he may well be but we haven't seen them play together), and that requires Gus going out and buying someone that will complement him, which he has failed to achieve over the last 1.5 years.

Just give him a bit of regular support from someone who can play football..... Dobbie or Hoskins........ it really is that simple.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
A few weeks ago and everyone said he was "on fire." He's our top scorer and as I said in another post, well on course to score 20 goals this season. He may well not be the answer ( how many more chances are we going to miss this season?) but I'd be very surprised if the club sold him for as little as 2 million.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I dont think its about agreeing or disagreeing, neither of us have any idea what another side might pay for him. There may well be another team out there crying out for a striker like CMS who play to his Strengths much better than we do.. I dont think he will stay with us past this season.. No matter how good or bad someone thinks he is, i think its fair to say that we do not suit his footballing style....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just give him a bit of regular support from someone who can play football..... Dobbie or Hoskins........ it really is that simple.

Tell Poyet that, for what it's worth I think Dobbie and CMS are quite similar players that operate in the same spaces so I can't see them working as a duo.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think he shows a lot of class when he doesn't celebrate,

Isn't it more of a I am celebrating, but look I am not celebrating. He didn't look at all unhappy to score either goal, or dive for the first penalty, and I think he "won" the second one as well. I think it is all a load of guff about Murray and class. I just really do not see it.

He is just a bloke who doesn't give two hoots for the Albion support, some of whom still hold him in high regard despite the fact he jerked us around for his last six months (Sign Him Up we sang - f*** off) then signed for our closest rivals. And to rub it in - wants to stay and live in the town of the club of the supporters who he has shown zero regard to.

It makes no sense to me.

He is a quality player - but to me he has showed himself to be a complete prat. Of the highest order.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So what's the percentage of quality strikers, in the top 2 divisions, that have been bought for less than £3.5m?

Ive no idea, was just responding to your comments saying it would most likely cost twice the price we paid for him for an able replacement..

Just showing you it can be done....

Amazed with Gus's spanish connections he had never noticed this fellow.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ive no idea, was just responding to your comments saying it would most likely cost twice the price we paid for him for an able replacement..

I think you can lump in 95% of Premiership managers with that as well, Spanish connection or no Spanish connection? Are you seriously blaming Gus for missing out on Michu? Bizarre.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think it's worth writing him off yet, he can still score 20 goals for us this season. But IMO he needs more support for that to happen (if Hoskins isn't the answer, he may well be but we haven't seen them play together), and that requires Gus going out and buying someone that will complement him, which he has failed to achieve over the last 1.5 years. I'm not saying its easy to go out and buy a striker but it has taken a frustratingly long time.

Im all for playing 2 up top but were talking about Gus here and HIS tactics... He only employs 1 striker and thats not for changing.. Any talk of fans saying when he plays hoskins/dobbie alongside CMS are quite frankly kidding themselves. This will NEVER happen..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If and buts being what they are, just for the hell of it would Michu be able to score in our team?

I reckon there's only one man for the job...

Give us a 'D'

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Because that's what happens on here.

Let me take you on a trip down memory lane, to see how we treated the player we now all think Gus was crazy to not love, rate and pay whatever to keep ...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?156268-Glenn-Murray-wanker&highlight=delph

Looking at that thread just shows me that he never gave two hoots for the Albion support. He certainly does not deserve the hero status afforded to a Palace striker that he gets on here.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Isn't it more of a I am celebrating, but look I am not celebrating. He didn't look at all unhappy to score either goal, or dive for the first penalty, and I think he "won" the second one as well. I think it is all a load of guff about Murray and class. I just really do not see it.

He is just a bloke who doesn't give two hoots for the Albion support, some of whom still hold him in high regard despite the fact he jerked us around for his last six months (Sign Him Up we sang - f*** off) then signed for our closest rivals. And to rub it in - wants to stay and live in the town of the club of the supporters who he has shown zero regard to.

It makes no sense to me.

He is a quality player - but to me he has showed himself to be a complete prat. Of the highest order.

He signed for Palace because they offered him very decent money...... nearly double what he wanted to stay at the Albion....

Are you telling me you would have turned that down????

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Im all for playing 2 up top but were talking about Gus here and HIS tactics... He only employs 1 striker and thats not for changing.. Any talk of fans saying when he plays hoskins/dobbie alongside CMS are quite frankly kidding themselves. This will NEVER happen..

He played Dobbie and Hoskins together, why not Hoskins an CMS?

Bhafc1992

Dec 1, 2012
You can always know people that don't know anything about football they start a forum slating a striker who's scored 9 goals in 17 . As you all clearly coach or run teams at such high standards what do you ask from your strikers as 1 in 2 is clearly not good enough

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'R'

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He signed for Palace because they offered him very decent money...... nearly double what he wanted to stay at the Albion....

Are you telling me you would have turned that down

I think I would have moved. And I would have the honesty to celebrate when I scored for the club who were paying me that considerable wedge. Especially when I had dived to win the penalty.

And I would laugh at the saps who think I show class when I score against them, and think I do not celebrate. And ignore my dive.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
You can always know people that don't know anything about football they start a forum slating a striker who's scored 9 goals in 17 . As you all clearly coach or run teams at such high standards what do you ask from your strikers as 1 in 2 is clearly not good enough

Carefull you get called an idiot and moron for quoting those logical stats on here .

100% this

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think I would have moved. And I would have the honesty to celebrate when I scored for the club who were paying me that considerable wedge. Especially when I had dived to win the penalty.

And I would laugh at the saps who think I show class when I score against them, and think I do not celebrate. And ignore my dive.

Some fans can rise above it and not let it worry them too much....

You never did answer my question..lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here