Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
You get nothing if you don't try and we could easily out bid them on wages and transfer fee. Money talks and I don't think this would break the bank.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Interesting that half the people flaming me for moaning are out on a CMS witch hunt.

We overpaid. He's an ok striker who runs his arse off, but we need a goalscorer at this level who can HEAD the ball.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
CMS scores for fun in league one, gets promoted to Championship and struggles to get double figures. Team gets relegated, he's scoring for fun again. Changes team, plays next season in championship and once again struggles to get double figures.

And this is the fault of Poyet? Apparently, he doesn't play CMS to his strengths which as far as I can see is a league one striker. And excuse me for expecting miracles but when you pay £3M for a striker then you kind of expect one on ones to be one of their strengths. As it is, at the moment all we've got the world's most expensive cheerleader.

If a striker scored every one on one he had, he'd be in the Premier league. He's averaging 1 in 2 this season, that's very good for this division. If he had someone like Murray supporting him, i'm fairly sure he'd be on a lot more than 9 goals too.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If a striker scored every one on one he had, he'd be in the Premier league. He's averaging 1 in 2 this season, that's very good for this division. If he had someone like Murray supporting him, i'm fairly sure he'd be on a lot more than 9 goals too.

As people like to remind everyone when talking about Barnes goal total and the amount of penaltys that make up that number I'll do the same with CMS.

A couple of pens and two that bounced off him on the way into the net that were allready going in so 5 from normal play down to his own endeavour.

As I'm not a total arse I'll chuck in the pens and make it 7.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Not last season he didn't. And you haven't spoken up on the delicate issue of one on ones not really being his thing.

I'm sorry I thought we wanted players based on current form ?? Or perhaps thats why most on here are obsessed with Barnes because of what he done years ago ......

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Oh please. A video of him scoring one goal proves what exactly? How about this wonder goal - and from a defender too!

[yt]yeM-gt8HBoU[/yt]

There's another of him scoring a great goal after running the length of the pitch. He must really be class too. There's a video that proves it.

The video shows the sort of goals he has to score in a team that does not play to is strength .. Why spend 3 million on a player and then not play to is strength ??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He MISSED the one that really really MATTERED. Thats all there is to it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He has score 1 goal in every two games this season ..

Ask any pro if that's a good ratio !

If he keeps that ratio playing up front on his own then no one can complain ! Correction no one with a sensible football brain can complain
No, how many 1 on 1's has he scored? I enjoy how your trying to take the high ground whilst demonstrating that you have absolutely no idea about football. :laugh:

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
No, how many 1 on 1's has he scored? I enjoy how your trying to take the high ground whilst demonstrating that you have absolutely no idea about football. :laugh:

How many did Shearer miss ? Owen ? Bergkamp ! Ward ? .

That's right no one knows !! And why don't they know ?

Because Strikers are judged on their goals to games ratio....

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Looks like a case of poor composure, while he can bang in great speculative goals like the overhead kick etc, the ones that need a cool head, such as the one on one at palace he can't do at this level, I'll bet in his Peterboro' days he would have shot as soon as he got inside the box, when the left side of goal was open but with lack of confidence took it on too far, until the angle was so tight all he could do was hit the post.
Think he still has a role in the side as his pace will always worry defenders but we do need a decent finisher for sure, to progress.Hoskins was injured?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How many did Shearer miss ? Owen ? Bergkamp ! Ward ? .

That's right no one knows !! And why don't they know ?

Because Strikers are judged on their goals to games ratio....

CMS head chearleader at it again.

Have you not told them of your vast experience in playing and coaching at such a high level that yours is the only opinion that matters yet?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I give up. You're clueless.

I don't know how many one on ones he's missed !!

But what makes a good striker if its not his goals to games ratio ?

How is a good striker remembered ?

Did Ward miss more than his fair share ? No one knows ....... Yours is the clueless question I'm afraid .

I'm just trying to stick to facts and until CMS ratio is 1 in 4 we should leave him alone and back our only chance of goals instead of slating him

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know how many one on ones he's missed !!

But what makes a good striker if its not his goals to games ratio ?

How is a good striker remembered ?

Did Ward miss more than his fair share ? No one knows ....... Yours is the clueless question I'm afraid .

I'm just trying to stick to facts and until CMS ratio is 1 in 4 we should leave him alone and back our only chance of goals instead of slating him
Emile Heskey was capped 60+ times for England and only scored 7 goals. You're argument about goals to games is so weak it's untrue. I can't believe I'm actually trying to discuss this with such an idiot. Get your head out of CMS' s arse and you might witness for yourself that he can't finish ffs.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sadly people wont realise what they have until its gone............

Finding a striker that can play the one up top roll for us is a near impossible task.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
CMS head chearleader at it again.

Have you not told them of your vast experience in playing and coaching at such a high level that yours is the only opinion that matters yet?

Is he always like this? I've never noticed him before but he seems to be a bit of a moron?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here