CMS enough is enough.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
At this standard, yes I would be expecting a 3 million pound signing to be a top Championship player who could show class at 2nd tier level and not just be a work horse who makes a football career through gym work.

You have acknowledged the work rate . ( we are getting there ).

The facts are his goal to game ratio is that of any top striker ,

It's taken all day but you have now arrived to the fact that CMS is currently doing all he should be for Million .

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
A striker is judged on his goals to games ratio and CMS is currently top drawer , until that changes he has proved it . .

Really? So again, Judging Bergkamp on goals, does that mean Andy cole was better?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
[QUOTE

A striker is judged on his goals to games ratio and CMS is currently top drawer , until that changes he has proved it . .[/QUOTE]

So by your calculations Murray should be playing for England!!

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Really? So again, Judging Bergkamp on goals, does that mean Andy cole was better?

You can't compare .... They are 2 different style of strikers who bring different things to the team , if as a manager I had one chance in a game I would want Cole to have it .

If I wanted a striker to create and bring others into the game as well as score then Bergkamp is the man and is head and shoulders the better all round striker .

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You have acknowledged the work rate . ( we are getting there ).

The facts are his goal to game ratio is that of any top striker ,

It's taken all day but you have now arrived to the fact that CMS is currently doing all he should be for Million .

Actually, you are making sense! Come January, if Poyet can bring in Alex Revell, our team will work it's way to the top.
England international need to learn from your footballing perspective.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly he runs around a lot with absolutely no end result, much like a human dog. Can see a long barren spell for him again now and wouldn't be surprised to see him offloaded in January. We will not make the play-offs with our current underperforming strike force

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You can't compare .... They are 2 different style of strikers who bring different things to the team , if as a manager I had one chance in a game I would want Cole to have it .

If I wanted a striker to create and bring others into the game as well as score then Bergkamp is the man and is head and shoulders the better all round striker .

Yes you can compare, and sadly for you Bergkamp was 3 million times the player Andy Cole was. Not even a debate. You can't compare solely because Bergkamp was in a different league.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yes, but Murray has the characteristics to play up front on his own. Mackail-Smith has never been a lone striker, he's a quality player, even the Palace fans today said he looked lively, but we do not play to his strengths. He's a very good striker, if you play to his strengths, playing him on his own against two big center halves is f***ing stupid, yet Poyet doesn't seem to grasp this.

Poyet either plays two up front and gives the lad a chance, or he sells him and brings in someone more suited.
No need for all this "he's shit" bollocks. He's not, it's the manager who well over a year later is still sticking by plan A, week in week out.

Good.accurate and well thought out post.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No need for all this "he's shit" bollocks. He's not, it's the manager who well over a year later is still sticking by plan A, week in week out.

CMS scores for fun in league one, gets promoted to Championship and struggles to get double figures. Team gets relegated, he's scoring for fun again. Changes team, plays next season in championship and once again struggles to get double figures.

And this is the fault of Poyet? Apparently, he doesn't play CMS to his strengths which as far as I can see is a league one striker. And excuse me for expecting miracles but when you pay £3M for a striker then you kind of expect one on ones to be one of their strengths. As it is, at the moment all we've got the world's most expensive cheerleader.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
CMS scores for fun in league one, gets promoted to Championship and struggles to get double figures. Team gets relegated, he's scoring for fun again. Changes team, plays next season in championship and once again struggles to get double figures.

And this is the fault of Poyet? Apparently, he doesn't play CMS to his strengths which as far as I can see is a league one striker. And excuse me for expecting miracles but when you pay £3M for a striker then you kind of expect one on ones to be one of their strengths. As it is, at the moment all we've got the world's most expensive cheerleader.

17 games 9 goals ......

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This 1000%

At last some sense on this thread

Oh please. A video of him scoring one goal proves what exactly? How about this wonder goal - and from a defender too!

[yt]yeM-gt8HBoU[/yt]

There's another of him scoring a great goal after running the length of the pitch. He must really be class too. There's a video that proves it.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
17 games 9 goals ......

19 in 65 in a Brighton shirt.

He was the wrong signing for our team. He was average at this level for Peterborough and a bit better for us in a better team.

Not worth anything like we paid for him.

We would have been better off keeping Murray and Woods and improving the rest of the team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
19 in 65 in a Brighton shirt.

He was the wrong signing for our team. He was average at this level for Peterborough and a bit better for us in a better team.

Not worth anything like we paid for him.

We would have been better off keeping Murray and Woods and improving the rest of the team.

How can you keep a player that isn't yours? Poyet was asked about Wood at the Fans Forum and asked if he had tried to get Wood back on loan. His answer was that he hadn't had the opportunity. From that I presumed that Birmingham had already got him.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
How can you keep a player that isn't yours? Poyet was asked about Wood at the Fans Forum and asked if he had tried to get Wood back on loan. His answer was that he hadn't had the opportunity. From that I presumed that Birmingham had already got him.

If we were more intgerested he could have got in before Birmingham.

We waited they did'nt. Anyway thats the past, we could make a move for him come January.

55 apearances at this level and 20 goals since leaving us, could be the man to score the type of goals we don't score and create the space CMS/Dobbie need to be more prolific?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports