Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well between Barnes and CMS they need 4 to 6 chances to score 1. They are the reverse of clinical finishers. Both run around allot and have other qualities but the pair of them couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. We need a fox in the box / clinical finisher. Imagine what Ward or Zamora or even Murray would achieve with the countless chances created week in week out.

Everyone keeps saying CMS misses too many ! He needs too many chances to score one !

No one has out the facts on here yet !!

How many clear cut chances has CMS[/QUOTE]

Do you attend matches? Serious question!

Because if you do surely you can see for yourself. There are countless misses from both players concerned. Without having every match available on DVD it's impossible to remember them all, been so many!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CMS needs a decent strike partner to play with in a 4-4-2 side that can pass the ball about , Peter Ward and Ian Mellor proved this 35 years ago.

FFS - For two seasons people bitched about Murray not being good enough and then he came good in his final season - many Palace fans moaned about him not being good enough last season and wanted rid of him and he has come good this season. Murrays gone - stop worrying about him.

CMS has his bad spells and people moan about him - then he gets injured and people moan that we can't score without him in the team. Then he comes back and misses a few chances and people moan again. At least he gets into positions to score and has about a one goal in two/three match return this season which is pretty good. Hopefully he will go on an great goal run and the same moaners will be silenced for a while.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
FFS - For two seasons people bitched about Murray not being good enough and then he came good in his final season - many Palace fans moaned about him not being good enough last season and wanted rid of him and he has come good this season. Murrays gone - stop worrying about him.

CMS has his bad spells and people moan about him - then he gets injured and people moan that we can't score without him in the team. Then he comes back and misses a few chances and people moan again. At least he gets into positions to score and has about a one goal in two/three match return this season which is pretty good. Hopefully he will go on an great goal run and the same moaners will be silenced for a while.

I would love that to happen but I can't see it happening. Hopefully we will bring in better talent come January. Murray was heckled for not having enough pace and not working hard enough, others could see the importance in his touch and composure. Now we have a reverse with probably the same fans.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sorry but that isn't 'pretty good'. It is shit for a player who is our most expensive signing EVER. One that was signed to score goals. Somebody hasn't read the script.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Everyone keeps saying CMS misses too many ! He needs too many chances to score one !

No one has out the facts on here yet !!

How many clear cut chances has CMS

Because if you do surely you can see for yourself. There are countless misses from both players concerned. Without having every match available on DVD it's impossible to remember them all, been so many![/QUOTE]

I've seen every home game and watched a couple of away games on a streaming site , the rest is on football league show.

I an honestly say CMS does not appear to miss that many compared to chances he has , he goal tally against his clear cut chances is fine .

He has 9 goals in 17 appearances this season that's 1 goal every 2 games . Which is in football terms is top notch .

And this is in a team that plays one up front and does not play to his strengths ......

What more do you want from your centre forward ?????

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Sorry but that isn't 'pretty good'. It is shit for a player who is our most expensive signing EVER. One that was signed to score goals. Somebody hasn't read the script.

1 in 2 is world. Class stats by any standard ............ What do you want ??

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Because if you do surely you can see for yourself. There are countless misses from both players concerned. Without having every match available on DVD it's impossible to remember them all, been so many!

I've seen every home game and watched a couple of away games on a streaming site , the rest is on football league show.

I an honestly say CMS does not appear to miss that many compared to chances he has , he goal tally against his clear cut chances is fine .

He has 9 goals in 17 appearances this season that's 1 goal every 2 games . Which is in football terms is top notch .

And this is in a team that plays one up front and does not play to his strengths ......

What more do you want from your centre forward ?????[/QUOTE]

A centre-forward who doesn't just look good on paper.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1 in 2 is world. Class stats by any standard ............ What do you want ??

How many games has he played in but failed to score?

If you think CMS is world class then you are either CMS and I claim my £5 or you are his missus.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012

What more do you want from your centre forward ?????

A centre-forward who doesn't just look good on paper.[/QUOTE]

Great return comments!! Full of logic and facts well done !

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
A centre-forward who doesn't just look good on paper.[/QUOTE]

Spot on[/QUOTE]

Will you be saying that if he has 23 from 46 this season ?

How many has he got to score in your eyes then ?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Do you know the difference between Bergkamp and Bent? Statistically on paper Bent is much better than Bergkamp. On the pitch Bergkamp is a lot better than Bent.
Has that helped?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Spot on[/QUOTE]

How many has he got to score in your eyes then ?[/QUOTE]

Can you please learn how to use the 'quote' function-your posts are very confusing.

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton

I would love that to happen but the truth is that he's not got the skill level that we need to get promoted. He can't control the ball when its played to his feet. He can't dribble pass defenders or play with his back to goal (except 1 over head goal), loses the ball to often. His thing is to hit the ball whilst facing goal. A one trick pony is not what we need. Shame cause he works so hard and am honest pro!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Spot on[/QUOTE]

How many has he got to score in your eyes then ?[/QUOTE]

If CMS scored 20 goals in 10 matches and then dosen't score for the rest of the season then I wouldn't be pleased which proves stats aren't everything. I don't think how many goals he scores is the be end all of everything. I 'm more bothered about how well he plays and how many games he can win for us rather than just goals scored, after all he is in the lone role.
Just out of interest, how many goals has he scored which have been game deciders? how many has he scored in the last 5 minutes? how many assists has he got? how many 1 on 1 has CMS scored?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Great return comments!! Full of logic and facts well done ![/QUOTE]

And Murray has twice as many! Is he worth 7M and 35k a week??

Whilst one can never predict with huge confidence how well Murray would have done if he was with us this year, I'm pretty certain that he woulda scored about the same as he has for palace.

Anyhow, forget Murray, CMS strike rate is poor from goals/chances ratio.

Prove me wrong!!

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Do you know the difference between Bergkamp and Bent? Statistically on paper Bent is much better than Bergkamp. On the pitch Bergkamp is a lot better than Bent.
Has that helped?

Now I know your mad comparing Bergkamp with Bent lol

Was you expecting CMS to be like Bergkamp for 3 million lol ??

Gus bought CMS for is goals and work rate , he has scored 1 in 2 this season and worked his nuts off .. What more can he do

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Great return comments!! Full of logic and facts well done !

And Murray has twice as many! Is he worth 7M and 35k a week??

Whilst one can never predict with huge confidence how well Murray would have done if he was with us this year, I'm pretty certain that he woulda scored about the same as he has for palace.

Anyhow, forget Murray, CMS strike rate is poor from goals/chances ratio.

Prove me wrong!![/QUOTE]

A striker is judged on his goals to games ratio and CMS is currently top drawer , until that changes he has proved it . .

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Was you expecting CMS to be like Bergkamp for 3 million lol ??

At this standard, yes I would be expecting a 3 million pound signing to be a top Championship player who could show class at 2nd tier level and not just be a work horse who makes a football career through gym work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here