Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS: Departure in the Summer?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Love the way we talk our players out of the club without the slightest shred of evidence. So far this week it has been Ullou, LuaLua and now CMS.

Still it worked with Barnes.......... :shrug:

What about Upson. He's far too old, slow and useless...... well, maybe not.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I prefer to see how he does under OG. AND can't see a big bid coming in.

As do I, I was just saying that if a decent bid comes in for a 30 year old striker who's one of the bigger earners at the club we should definately consider it. Personally I think the money could probably be better spent elsewhere.

As you say, let's see how he does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I see it Rodriguez plays in a similar fashion to CMS and Hoskins which appears to be what Oscar wants them to do and every club striving for success like to have 4 strikers. I think that it will be Ulloa and CMS and Oscar will then decide whether or not to extend Rodrigues and Hoskjns contract from the end of the season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People are willing to give Oscar time to instil his philosophy on the players, so we should also give the players time to get back to sharpness - especially those who have been out for a long time.

However, cue calls for the club to sell him when he's not scored a hat-trick in his first two games back.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think CMS will massively suit Oscar's style. He wants to press high and CMS is brilliant at that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I can't really see CMS fitting into Oscars future plans at all, I think it will be the same situation as Tommy Elphick.

Club are supportive whilst the player is in rehabilitation but obviously moving on in getting positions covered. I think we will want to try and get a reasonable fee for him and cut our losses.

Does anyone else think he will figure seriously in Oscars first full pre-season?

I'm also looking at this from a financial point of view as he must be one of the high earners at the club.

He is a shoe-in for a place in the matchday squad, starting probably in some capacity,....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is he a Barca-lite type player?

Do other clubs wish to buy him?

Will clubs be able/willing to meet the right price?

Will he make an impact this season to convince OG that he has something to offer in his plans?

Am I right in thinking he has 15 months left on his contract?

Too many questions?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I can't really see CMS fitting into Oscars future plans at all, I think it will be the same situation as Tommy Elphick.

Club are supportive whilst the player is in rehabilitation but obviously moving on in getting positions covered. I think we will want to try and get a reasonable fee for him and cut our losses.

Does anyone else think he will figure seriously in Oscars first full pre-season?

I'm also looking at this from a financial point of view as he must be one of the high earners at the club.

This has to be a wind up right?

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Who and why would bid a million for him? He's been out for so long, and still unproven at this level. I want to think he has it in him to be something special, but worried he isn't.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
He's still our Duracell bunny and apparently Wee Geordie Strachan was monitoring his progress at Culver Road, as was 'cheer up' Barry Fry.
Amazing.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Sompting Geordie.
Ay was doon sooth on Toosday boot parked up at may brothers' hoose in Cowfold and having then kidnapped me and driven me to the AmEx he forced me into taking up a spare ST in the noo SW Upper seats.
Grit views mon apart from the three abnoxious Leeds U fans behind.
Normal rto be resumed from Goring BR station on Monday pm.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sompting Geordie.
Ay was doon sooth on Toosday boot parked up at may brothers' hoose in Cowfold and having then kidnapped me and driven me to the AmEx he forced me into taking up a spare ST in the noo SW Upper seats.
Grit views mon apart from the three abnoxious Leeds U fans behind.
Normal rto be resumed from Goring BR station on Monday pm.

I'll see thee Jimmy........ye ken.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Yeah let's spend a year getting him fit few development games couple of sub appearances and then sell him for a pint and a packet of pork scratching :tosser:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He will be given the rest of the season to see if he fits in and if not then he will be sold before the new season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here