Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS being recalled for boxing day

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Playing to CMS's strengths means playing him against League One defenders. He's a lovely guy I'm sure but he just isn't that talented as a footballer, he's scored a couple of superb goals but he lacks composure, control and finishing ability to be a success in this division.
I say you are wrong, and am confident he will fire if played off a target man,.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
TBH that scoring rate is the best we've got amongst our current strikers, I suspect! And it reflects him mostly being played as a lone striker, i.e. not to his strengths. I know you will never agree, but let's see how it works out, shall we? I'm sure that, unless he suddenly starts hitting the net regularly, he'll be gone soon enough, so that should cheer you up. We can then have the even less effective Sam B leading our line on his own. I'm sure you'll be happy then.
Please don't be mistaken, I do not want for CMS to be a failure, far from it. It's just that in my personal opinion, from what I've seen, he lacks the general ability to be a credible striker in this division regardless of formation or tactics.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The much maligned Ashley Barnes, the kid that was always played out of position?

Ash was frequently played in his best position. He was effective in more than one IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please don't be mistaken, I do not want for CMS to be a failure, far from it. It's just that in my personal opinion, from what I've seen, he lacks the general ability to be a credible striker in this division regardless of formation or tactics.

Here's hoping we (finally) get the chance to find out...

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
One of the disappointments of last season was that we rarely saw Leo & CMS up top together (and the fleeting glimpse at Forest was a sign of what could have been). I'd love to see CMS start alongside Bent for the next 2 games and make a judgement after that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ash was frequently played in his best position. He was effective in more than one IMHO.

See, I think that might be the issue with CMS. Barnes could play wide left ,wide right, as a lone striker or as a secondary striker. It seems like CMS can only flourish playing with another striker, which leaves him as a limited player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
See, I think that might be the issue with CMS. Barnes could play wide left ,wide right, as a lone striker or as a secondary striker. It seems like CMS can only flourish playing with another striker, which leaves him as a limited player.

I agree he needs to play off of another striker. In that sense, yes, he is limited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here