Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C'mon Tony let's not mess about we are desperate for another CB...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hmm, we have no idea how long Goldson is out for, Hunemeier seems to be very crocked, Dunk will get sent off a couple of times at least and you don't want another first choice centre back? Madness and as I said earlier very cavalier for a team hoping to go for auto.

Spot on Icy. That is why this is such a crucial signing. They will clearly sell if the money is right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That lad form Blackburn isn't worth 5m IMO.

I think we will go with what we have and try and get through to the end of Aug until we get the right 2 players.

We must of been trying to sign people but for whatever reason it hasn't happened, could be whole host of reasons.

Think we may get away with it providing no further injuries. Of course , any many more key players get injured then we'll look pretty silly and probably have to rush into a loan or 2.

Can we still get loans, I thought that wasn't possible this season?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Relying on Bruno at centre back against Derby will be a risky move. He looked very uncomfortable when he had to fill in at that position at Hillsborough in the play-offs and cost us the 2nd goal.

VMT

Yoda

English & European
Hmm, we have no idea how long Goldson is out for, Hunemeier seems to be very crocked, Dunk will get sent off a couple of times at least and you don't want another first choice centre back? Madness and as I said earlier very cavalier for a team hoping to go for auto.

Uwe appears to be back in training, not sure how far into his recovering he is though:
https://twitter.com/UweHuenemeier2/status/759389774834720769

No news on Connor though. :(

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Uwe appears to be back in training, not sure how far into his recovering he is though:
https://twitter.com/UweHuenemeier2/status/759389774834720769
(

Injury update from last nights post Lazio interview with Hughton:
Sidwell will be fit and available for Derby.
Uwe to be back "probably in 4 weeks...after the international break" - ie: Brentford at home. Game 6.
Goldson - "we're aiming to get him as fit as we can...but if not for Derby...we have options"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can we still get loans, I thought that wasn't possible this season?

The new rules for in/out loans are they operate exactly as the existing transfer windows.
So either a season long loan starting in June/July/August or a half season loan in January.
So last years loans of James Wilson (Starting in November) or Rajiv Van La Parra (in November) would no longer be allowed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The new rules for in/out loans are they operate exactly as the existing transfer windows.
So either a season long loan starting in June/July/August or a half season loan in January.
So last years loans of James Wilson (Starting in November) or Rajiv Van La Parra (in November) would no longer be allowed.

No half season loans in the summer then?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Dunno what all the panic is about, haven't you heard? the season doesn't start until September.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am surprised that people think we don't need another proven CB. I accept that Goldson and Dunk are currently first choice but to expect both to remain fit and suspension free for the majority of the season is unlikely. Goldson is already injured with no clear indication of return and Dunk was sent off twice last year (I think) and is always prone to this type of lapse. The german has been injured for 6 odd months now it will take time to get up to speed and with long term injuries he is likely to pick up other minor strains etc as his body get used to the rigors of first team football again. We are as it stands one injury or red card for the current back four away from serious problems. No doubt they are working hard but to get to the season in this position having needed to at least replace Greer since May is disappointing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Where has that come from? I can see people mentioning it on Twitter but no sign of where it started? Was it a rumour account or a decent source?

Started last week & not on any of the dodgy rumour sites which (in my book) lends credibility.
Seems to have absolutely no substance to back it up which again is a plus as it reflects the way we normally do business.
Finally, people mentioning it are "proper fans".
I rest my case :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here