[Football] Clubs to Vote on VAR removal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
ffs no, offsides are the worst part of VAR.
The poster said automated offsides, not offside VAR checks.
I’ve got no issues with that, if it’s a quick and unbiased solution to improve the game then I’m all for it.
VAR in general is not quick and quite often not unbiased either.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes let's remove it. let's ignore the fact that the majority of wrong decisions have nothing to do with the technology but are all about the people (the same referees who we'll be giving the power back to) who use it. If Brexit wasn't enough we are now going to ignore the fact that again we are the only country who can't see what's staring us right in the face . Go on! I dare you! The rest of the world has only just stopped laughing at us. Let's give them a new one!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’d love it if they get rid of it, it would make me come to more games, I’ve binned off 7 or 8 games this season I’m disillusioned with the state of the game at this level, I honestly enjoy non league football more at the moment.

Sadly I don’t think they’ll get 14 clubs to vote to get rid of it, it suits clubs, there is no doubt whatsoever that the so called top teams benefit from it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FAB, we won’t out ! Tell this to Barber.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes let's remove it. let's ignore the fact that the majority of wrong decisions have nothing to do with the technology but are all about the people (the same referees who we'll be giving the power back to) who use it. If Brexit wasn't enough we are now going to ignore the fact that again we are the only country who can't see what's staring us right in the face . Go on! I dare you! The rest of the world has only just stopped laughing at us. Let's give them a new one!
That may be the case …but we won’t have to wait an eternity to make the wrong/right decision….and if offsides are automated that’ll cut a significant amount of decisions to be made

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That may be the case …but we won’t have to wait an eternity to make the wrong/right decision….and if offsides are automated that’ll cut a significant amount of decisions to be made
That was honestly very funny :ROFLMAO:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The poster said automated offsides, not offside VAR checks.
I’ve got no issues with that, if it’s a quick and unbiased solution to improve the game then I’m all for it.
VAR in general is not quick and quite often not unbiased either.
ok, maybe i missed a detail. VAR offside dont work. what makes you believe some expansion to automated offsides will?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where are all the supporters of VAR begging it to stay? I remember polls before it was introduced and I, who was against it from the start, was very much in the minority. About 60 to 70% of NSCers were in favour - they're being very quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports