Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clubbing (not in Brighton)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Talking of dress codes and Birmingham did you ever go to Miss Moneypenny's LL? That was a dance club where you had to make an effort.

For a while a mate of mine was banging this Welsh air hostess and she was very much a Moneypenny's / Saturday night glamour clubber. I'll never forget the look on her face when she saw our house share that consisted of two football lads in expensive jeans and white trainers, a crusty complete with dreads and an adult goth.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Back in 'the day' I had some great nights in Manchester (Hacienda, Sankey Soaps), Leeds (Hard Times) and in Birmingham

All great places to go out and dance the night away 'under the influence'! Happy happy Days!!!!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The Zap club was always a good night D)

After progressing from raves at the Event (91/92) we all de-camped to The Zap club on a Friday night.

Brilliant nights (Protection) hard, hard tunes. Looking to my left, I can see two framed filers up on the wall from The Zap, one of them dated from August 1993. 10-8am!!!! That's bed time for me now (10pm, not 8am!)

Anyway, back to the thread of non-Brighton venues....Turnmills in London was a fantastic night out.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Being a student in Manchester between 2005 and 2008 meant living there during a golden era of clubbing - the original Sankeys Soap, newer Sankeys, Paradice Factory and early days of Warehouse project.......proper nights out!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Magaluf when acid (music) arrived. DJ'd in the Pink Elephant plus a few nights in BCM (thanks Damien) along with winters in Mano's Place. Circa 1987 to 1993
Don't remember much of it though, free booze all night, except I made a lot of money.

Mano’s was our starting point on a night out.

Then clubs on the main strip to Palma Nova.

I remember what they looked like inside, but due to other distractions and ridiculous volumes of San Miguel & spirits, I didn’t take much notice of the club names.

One funny event was lazily getting into a taxi to take us a few hundred metres home at 6am, and not remembering the hotel’s name. Plus busy-body hotel doormen trying to stop females taking you into their hotel, always circumvented by climbing up balconies etc.

Wasn’t too bothered about the dance music in these ridiculously insane holidays, just know it did the trick.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Townie scum" as they were generally referred to by the actual ravers/ non dickheads in Sheffield.

It was only when we ventured out of the city and went to the wrong places that we encountered that kind of shit as we knew the places to avoid in Sheffield.

Mis-Shapes by Pulp all makes sense now.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Small Club on the A32 near Farringdon ,Marilyns . 88 89 top house music ,then sadly it got well known . Worst Club Shooters in Streatham anybody ?£15 all in drink inc.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Manchester was the best around ten to fifteen years ago when my older sister was at University. Revolution stood out although there were so many to choose from. Not glamorising ecstasy but the bigger the rush, the more amazing and pure the E's were when taking it most weekends. Dancers were far more friendly up there. Rochdale is an unlikely place to have an incredible nightlife but it was just simply brilliant. As a heavy gurner, clubbers used to ask me for pills. Even though I was out of it, I never ever gave or sold any because a mate got three years in jail for selling to an undercover policeman. And the girls used to try and outdo each other by wearing very little - even in the middle of winter! And these were beautiful women. Great times. Sis wasn't happy when I'd bring a blonde back to her flat though. :D

London is shit by comparison. Everything is so expensive, the people are cold/touristy and bouncers far more aggressive. We used to go to a right dive in Muswell Hill (or pill as we called it!) It got shut down after there was a gangland shooting in there. Must admit never felt truly relaxed in there and central London was ridiculous for prices and I got my wallet nicked on one occasion.

Agree that Birmingham is fantastic for clubbing with so many decent places although getting a bit old for a two-day recovery at the very least now!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The Fridge in Brixton, then used to crash at a mates in Rushcroft Road many moons ago. Good days

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can vaguely recall getting ****ed up in Bristol many, many times in the mid 90’s and as just mentioned The Fridge in Brixton was a good night out.
Brixton Acadamy After Party was a solid.
Many moons ago now.

Fabric was always a special night out too.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Sheffield Arms in Sussex was our regular on a Friday from Tunbridge Wells.
Also Goldmine Canvey Island, Flicks Dartford and The Best Disco in Town Lyceum ballroom.
Used to go to the all dayers, all nighters and Soul weekenders at Caister.
Happy days.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The 80s through to early 90’s . Wag club London , limelight London and ten rooms regent street London . I was way cooler in those days !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here