Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Statement

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
call me crazy but i can actually see de zerbi ending up at west ham. don't think the top clubs will touch him at the moment, not sure west ham have convinced amorim, and RDZ would definitely be looking at the fact that they shelled out for kudus when we wouldn’t. they don’t have the squad for his game and it’d end very badly but i can see it happening

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The end of season collapse has done us a favour really. RDZ won’t walk away now and I expect and we won’t sack him. With all our injuries back, lack of Europe and undoubtedly some money spent this summer l expect we’ll be very very good next year

Warren Aspinall today said we need to buy two new centre-midfielders. I assume he meant for the first team.

Will the club spend?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
call me crazy but i can actually see de zerbi ending up at west ham. don't think the top clubs will touch him at the moment, not sure west ham have convinced amorim, and RDZ would definitely be looking at the fact that they shelled out for kudus when we wouldn’t. they don’t have the squad for his game and it’d end very badly but i can see it happening

I always thought Newcastle or West Ham, but Howe's got them winning again.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I asked Chat GPT:

Statement from Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club:

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club regrets to announce the departure of Roberto De Zerbi from his role as manager of the club. After careful consideration and extensive discussions, the decision has been made due to the team's recent poor results and an unsatisfactory run of form.

Since joining the club, Roberto De Zerbi has worked tirelessly to instill his vision and philosophy onto the team. His dedication and passion for the game have been evident throughout his tenure, and we would like to express our gratitude for his efforts during his time with us.

However, despite everyone's best efforts, the recent performances and outcomes on the pitch have fallen short of the standards expected at Brighton & Hove Albion. As a club, we have ambitious goals and aspirations, and unfortunately, the current trajectory does not align with our objectives.

The decision to part ways with Roberto De Zerbi was not taken lightly. It followed a thorough assessment of the situation, taking into account various factors, including recent performances, results, and the overall direction of the team. Ultimately, it was concluded that a change in leadership was necessary to rejuvenate the squad and reignite our ambitions for success.

We understand that transitions like these can be challenging for everyone involved, including our supporters, players, and staff. We would like to thank Roberto De Zerbi for his professionalism and dedication during his time at the club and wish him the very best in his future endeavors.

Moving forward, the club will begin the process of identifying a suitable candidate to take over the managerial reins and lead Brighton & Hove Albion into the next chapter of our journey. This will be conducted with careful consideration and due diligence to ensure we appoint an individual who shares our values and possesses the necessary skills to guide the team towards our objectives.

In the meantime, the focus remains on finishing the season strongly and delivering performances that our fans can be proud of. The players and coaching staff are fully committed to this cause, and we urge our supporters to continue backing the team through these transitional times.

As always, the unwavering support of our fans is integral to our success, and we thank you for your continued loyalty and dedication to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.

Together, we will navigate through this period of change and emerge stronger, more resilient, and more determined than ever to achieve our goals.

Thank you.

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club

Mar 4, 2023
We sacked Chris Hughton, the man who took us from the foot of the championship to the premier league (and then kept us there) and that proved to be the correct decision.

We kept hold of Graham Potter despite going a calendar year without a home win, and calls from many fans that his football was all style with no end product, and that proved to be the correct decision.

Whatever happens at the end of this season I’ll support what the club decides regarding Roberto. They’ve got a track record of making difficult decisions and backing themselves that it is the right move for the club.
For what it’s worth I think they’ll stick with him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
‘’But I'll probably get accused of being a troll, so I thought I'd let people do their own’’

Isn’t it a known fact…so surely not an accusation 🤔

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
sounds about right. get a dewsbury-hall type creative cm/am and get a ball-winning 6 who can sit in front of the back 4 and keep control
And 2 full backs , a central defender and a winger.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
And 2 full backs , a central defender and a winger.
yes. and we need to clear out certain players. moder, lallana, milner, webster, dahoud not good enough. lamptey not reliable enough. a lot of work to do, but this is what happens when you fail to address recurring issues window after window

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Unless we flog some more of our better assets, I can't see us spending more that £20-30M on players in the summer, which will buy us bugger all. Hopefully my pessimism will prove unfounded.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Unless we flog some more of our better assets, I can't see us spending more that £20-30M on players in the summer, which will buy us bugger all. Hopefully my pessimism will prove unfounded.
The Bournemouth lad Semenyo ,that was stretchered off today, only cost them £10m from Bristol City last year and looks a very good player (he has 9 goals this season). So there are bargains to be found in the lower leagues (such as Joao Pedro) but we don't seem to go that route very often which I feel is a shame.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Klopp will be available in the summer.

:stupid:

:moo:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Bournemouth lad Semenyo ,that was stretchered off today, only cost them £10m from Bristol City last year and looks a very good player (he has 9 goals this season). So there are bargains to be found in the lower leagues (such as Joao Pedro) but we don't seem to go that route very often which I feel is a shame.
We did that when we were shit, but they were even more shit.

Endless barndoors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here