Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Club Statement" - Loads of Bollocks

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~1231255,00.html

The club are obviously sufficently worried about the back lash that is likely to come as it is revealed that it seems Hammond was "pushed" rather than walking from the club that they feel the need to put their spin on things.

Although there seem to be a few things that i doubt are quite true;

1. I am doubtful he would have been offered more money than Forster, given the kind of money he must have been on previously, having signed his previous contract when he wasn't in such a strong position

2.The claim a get out clause was offered i think is frankly bollocks. As had he been offered a clause to get out for free, or very little.... i think it is almost certian that he would have signed, it would have put him on (apparently) very good money until the summer, when he could go or stay....... Leaving him in a great position.

Knight just realises that his foul play tactics of forcing a player out of the club, by threatening to not even play him in the reserves has left alot of people with a bitter taste in their mouth, and he is try to Sweet talk his way into looking like the good guy................ Fat chance Knight. Pack your bags.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the club are well within their rights to reply.

As with most employer/employee break downs in relationship there is probably truth in both sides of the argument.

Anyway, I think it's time to forget whatever feelings we have towards the press, lost players and even the chairman and simply get behind the team on Saturday.

Whatever perceived feelings certain players may or may not have, I'd like them to think that the fans at least are on their side.

It's time for the fans to play a part, even if that means covering up a few cracks in the infrastructure.

SO f*cking come on the Albion, it's about time we beat that lot on Saturday.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh right. So the club are actually going on public record to LIE to everyone over this whole affair now. Its all a complete fabrication is it ?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

The club are obviously sufficently worried about the back lash that is likely to come as it is revealed that it seems Hammond was "pushed" rather than walking from the club that they feel the need to put their spin on things.

1. I am doubtful he would have been offered more money than Forster, given the kind of money he must have been on previously, having signed his previous contract when he wasn't in such a strong position

2.The claim a get out clause was offered i think is frankly bollocks. As had he been offered a clause to get out for free, or very little.... i think it is almost certian that he would have signed, it would have put him on (apparently) very good money until the summer, when he could go or stay....... Leaving him in a great position.

Knight just realises that his foul play tactics of forcing a player out of the club, by threatening to not even play him in the reserves has left alot of people with a bitter taste in their mouth, and he is try to Sweet talk his way into looking like the good guy................ Fat chance Knight. Pack your bags.

1. How the hell do you have a bloody clue about what players might be paid at the Albion? It does sound strange that Hammond would be paid more than Forster but with his status in the club, especially being captain, it's more than possible.

2. Who the hell are you to speculate on what his contract included? You're basically going on what you think is likely rather than any sort of hard fact.

I really can't wait for this ridulous transfer window backlash to end, it's getting really tired. Why don;t you pack your bags if all you're going to do is make wild accusations.

:censored::censored:

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
I used to think I had a pretty good idea on what the word 'moron' meant but now I think I'm going to have to rewrite the definition to include something like 'a child-like need for a scapegoat,' given all the evidence on NSC.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think that DICK is expecting a backlash from the whole Dean Hammond affair and that is no more than he deserves - at the end of the day he HAS lied to fans and now he is trying to worm his way out of it - Dick Please Please stop lying to the fans - you have lost 5 and gained 4 - HOW ON EARTH IS THAT STRENGHTENING THE SQUAD

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

Knight just realises that his foul play tactics of forcing a player out of the club, by threatening to not even play him in the reserves has left alot of people with a bitter taste in their mouth, and he is try to Sweet talk his way into looking like the good guy................ Fat chance Knight. Pack your bags.[/QUO

well said daddlylonmglegs - fan s needs to relaise what Dick is all about

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Imo the club are well within their right to reply to the Dean Hammond article.

He didn't need to moan about the club in the paper. It's just more negative press and it can't be good for squad morale.

I'm surprised that Hammond left a parting shot, and to be honest a little disapointed.

You should never be hasty to bite the hand that fed you for so long.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

So they are not within their rights to respond to inaccuracies in the Argus? Would you rather they didn't speak at all?

Doubtful, as in not a fact?

You are suggesting that you know what Dean Hammond and his agent wanted. I don't see either of them refuting that there was a clause in the contract. Why the f*** can't people accept the word of the chairman? We were screwed over by an unscrupulous board previously, but that does not make everyone crooked! He is not going to lie about that! It is quite clear that Hammond wanted more money that was offered and Colchester are an easy option in the short run. He is probably on better money than what was offered and in a better position that he was before! Not exactly rocket science..!

Would you kindly point me towards the evidence that suggests Dick would have banished Hammond to the reserves? Quite famly, you are making this bullshit up as you go along and you are akin to the liars that plagued our club for so long.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
well said daddlylonmglegs - fan s needs to relaise what Dick is all about

You are a waste of space, you little turncoat. I think the majority of fans realise that Dick is doing a job that no-one, and I repeat, no-one has shown the inclination to do so. How about a little bit of realism in the equation?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
This is not Bullshit and one day Dick may ot may not have the bollocks to admit he has f***ed up - i doubt it though - i truly beleive that a statement the man made himseld is bollocks - NO ONE PERSON WILL EVER CONTROL THIS CLUB _ WELL DICK YOU ARE AND YOU APPEAR TO BE COCKING IT UP

I think that DICK is expecting a backlash from the whole Dean Hammond affair and that is no more than he deserves - at the end of the day he HAS lied to fans and now he is trying to worm his way out of it - Dick Please Please stop lying to the fans - you have lost 5 and gained 4 - HOW ON EARTH IS THAT STRENGHTENING THE SQUAD
That is complete bollocks.

Any "backlash" would be entirely a result of misreporting by the Argus and the willingness of boneheaded anti-Albion elements who are rampaging around NSC at the moment peddling the deceit that Dick Knight lies to fans.

The Club is quite right to be putting the record straight.

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
You are a waste of space, you little turncoat. I think the majority of fans realise that Dick is doing a job that no-one, and I repeat, no-one has shown the inclination to do so. How about a little bit of realism in the equation?

i think one is entitled to their own opinion. if your opinion wants to be the one that is halfway up Knights ass, i think you stand with the minority.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i think one is entitled to their own opinion. if your opinion wants to be the one that is halfway up Knights ass, i think you stand with the minority.

Well said - the fans will realise the truth one day - some just have to wait a little longer

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
note- my original post said I THINK with both points. It's my opinion on things, there is no suggestion that it is FACT.

No, Daddylonglegs (and bhadeb), it is YOU who are the minority. Don't be deluded by the fact that NSC gives you a platform to express your bullshit "opinions".

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
Well said - the fans will realise the truth one day - some just have to wait a little longer

I'm sadly not so sure truth will ever surface, Hammond is unlikely to make anymore comments for fear of upsetting new club, and the knight will continue (suposing he isn't sent packing) covering up his ways by putting a better spin on things!

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
No, Daddylonglegs (and bhadeb), it is YOU who are the minority. Don't be deluded by the fact that NSC gives you a platform to express your bullshit "opinions".

You obviously haven't looked on the argus website...... the comments made on there seem to point that YOUR opinion and brown nosing of Knight is the minority.

Posted by: scarfer1, London on 9:13am Fri 1 Feb 08
Another parting shot from a player. Mr Knight needs to install a bunker at the Falmer! Theres no smoke without fire and its time for the end of the Kinght era. Knight OUT!
Another parting shot from a player. Mr Knight needs to install a bunker at the Falmer!
Theres no smoke without fire and its time for the end of the Kinght era.

Knight OUT!

Posted by: terry, yapton on 9:15am Fri 1 Feb 08
Dick Knight is a wonderful chairman who has the the supporters trust. Dean Wilkins is a great manager with his exciting diamond. Sorry got to go the men in white coats are coming for me again! PS Anyone want to buy a season ticket? CHEAP The whole shambles is making me very angry and when we lose to Crewe ( we always do because Crewe play football )on Saturday I expect there will be some reaction against Wilkins and Knight
Dick Knight is a wonderful chairman who has the the supporters trust. Dean Wilkins is a great manager with his exciting diamond.
Sorry got to go the men in white coats are coming for me again!
PS Anyone want to buy a season ticket? CHEAP

The whole shambles is making me very angry and when we lose to Crewe ( we always do because Crewe play football )on Saturday I expect there will be some reaction against Wilkins and Knight

Do i need to post any more????????? i think you get my jist!

Knight just realises that his foul play tactics of forcing a player out of the club, by threatening to not even play him in the reserves has left alot of people with a bitter taste in their mouth
My challenge to you ... Give us ONE piece of concrete EVIDENCE that this allegation has a grain of truth in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here