Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Shop Online - another moan

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Given the various comments about the club's retail operation not necessarily growing in the same style as everything else, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Over the "Blue Weekend" period (more specifically the 25th November), I placed an order online for a few bits, to take advantage of the discount. The main item I wanted, was the new black Nike "travel t-shirt."
Given that it is now 10 days since that was placed, and the status was still showing as "processing," I emailed them today asking if I could actually collect it tomorrow given that I will be there for the game (I live 80 miles away so not an option to just pop down there." I then received a refund notification for said t-shirt, saying it was out of stock - then the rest of the order has been despatched.
Am I unreasonable to think that once an order is placed, that item should then be "ring-fenced" and allocated to whoever has ordered & paid for it, as I am more than a little miffed that through no fault of my own, I now wont get the item that I bought in good faith, simply being penalised for not being local to the ground.
After the issues relating to the Europa League shirt, I just don't get how the retail operation at the Withdean was better than what it is now.
I have emailed both the shop & support services, but no reply received.

Might be worth going into the shop tomorrow just in case some are on the rails. Which would probably just make it more annoying if there are!
I tried to buy a scarf over the 'Blue Weekend' & they don't even have any of those aside from the Europa ones. 😮

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Given the various comments about the club's retail operation not necessarily growing in the same style as everything else, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Over the "Blue Weekend" period (more specifically the 25th November), I placed an order online for a few bits, to take advantage of the discount. The main item I wanted, was the new black Nike "travel t-shirt."
Given that it is now 10 days since that was placed, and the status was still showing as "processing," I emailed them today asking if I could actually collect it tomorrow given that I will be there for the game (I live 80 miles away so not an option to just pop down there." I then received a refund notification for said t-shirt, saying it was out of stock - then the rest of the order has been despatched.
Am I unreasonable to think that once an order is placed, that item should then be "ring-fenced" and allocated to whoever has ordered & paid for it, as I am more than a little miffed that through no fault of my own, I now wont get the item that I bought in good faith, simply being penalised for not being local to the ground.
After the issues relating to the Europa League shirt, I just don't get how the retail operation at the Withdean was better than what it is now.
I see the problem.
You bought a BLACK item on the BLUE weekend :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fully agree. And if any one from the Club were ever to read any of this, hopefully they would take it as positive that supporters are voicing frustration that they cannot freely spend additional money with the Club. The worst outcome for the Club would be if nobody said anything.
Exactly this.

I AM HAPPY TO GIVE THE CLUB MONEY FOR GOODS JUST MAKE THE GOODS GOODER.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Might be worth going into the shop tomorrow just in case some are on the rails.
This is yet another big issue though - the complete and utter disconnect between what is in stock at the Amex shop, the Churchill Square shop, and what is available online.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
This is yet another big issue though - the complete and utter disconnect between what is in stock at the Amex shop, the Churchill Square shop, and what is available online.

I'm going to have to go to the club shop to return the mug that's got a chip in it. There's a returns sheet that says I have to pay for postage, I'm not doing that. I'm sure they'll be a scarf in there. That's all I wanted to buy in the 1st place but ended up spending a fortune on stuff I didn't want. :rolleyes:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The online shop is pointless because you can't actually buy their main product. There's a total disconnect between what's in store and what's online.

I don't buy any of this expensive tat for myself but I've been doing my job and brainwashing my son, so he'll be getting kit for Christmas.

In a nutshell, if you don't live within driving distance you're buggered. No kids kit available online so I drove down on a weekday in order to avoid the matchday scrum and make sure sizes are ok etc. Fine if you're able to do that, but I'd guess a high % aren't.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Send an email to PBOBE alerting him to the fact that this particular revenue stream is having to hand back good money to customers (previously known as fans), thus raking in revenue at a less than optimum level.

Sorted by Christmas, I reckon!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've put a link to this thread on the FAB thread. Not sure if it's been raised before and/or it's something with which they can get involved.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I will know when we have truly arrived on the global football club stage when I can walk into my local [Telford] Sports Direct and find B&H Albion shirts on the rails alongside Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, from the Prem, plus Rangers, Barcelona PSG, Dortmund, Bayern and Real Madrid fare. They sell Villa, Wolves, Fulham and West Ham online, so why not us too?

And I'll expect them to be available in multiple sizes too ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here