Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Shop Online - another moan

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Given the various comments about the club's retail operation not necessarily growing in the same style as everything else, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Over the "Blue Weekend" period (more specifically the 25th November), I placed an order online for a few bits, to take advantage of the discount. The main item I wanted, was the new black Nike "travel t-shirt."
Given that it is now 10 days since that was placed, and the status was still showing as "processing," I emailed them today asking if I could actually collect it tomorrow given that I will be there for the game (I live 80 miles away so not an option to just pop down there." I then received a refund notification for said t-shirt, saying it was out of stock - then the rest of the order has been despatched.
Am I unreasonable to think that once an order is placed, that item should then be "ring-fenced" and allocated to whoever has ordered & paid for it, as I am more than a little miffed that through no fault of my own, I now wont get the item that I bought in good faith, simply being penalised for not being local to the ground.
After the issues relating to the Europa League shirt, I just don't get how the retail operation at the Withdean was better than what it is now.
I have emailed both the shop & support services, but no reply received.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Gave up looking at the shop as nothing worth having ever available. Just took a gander prompted by this post. In the busy shopping period before Xmas the club shop have; ZERO male adult kit available, ZERO training kit (Except GK), ZERO kids kits except for under 5 sizes, ZERO kids training tops.

Laughable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Comfortably lagging behind every other facet of the football club. By some distance.

World class club, with a League One Club Shop/Merchandise division.
Shop has never really kept pace with the club's progression. Still run pretty much along the lines of a third-world bazaar, bless 😀

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gave up looking at the shop as nothing worth having ever available. Just took a gander prompted by this post. In the busy shopping period before Xmas the club shop have; ZERO male adult kit available, ZERO training kit (Except GK), ZERO kids kits except for under 5 sizes, ZERO kids training tops.

Laughable.

There's more training/warm-up kit than you (probably) think - if you go direct to the main page.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I went on the Club shop website the other week, looking for some Nike Strike 23 drill / warm-up clothing. What a pointless exercise that was.

In the end I spent £100 on near identical items from Kitlocker (but without AMEX branding or club badges obvs, which is fine by me).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's more training/warm-up kit than you (probably) think - if you go direct to the main page.

That men's Nike top that you land on when opening that link is currently only available in 2XL and retails at £60 in the club shop.

Unless having the AMEX logo and club badges are really important, you can buy the near identical top (or choose from many other colourways) from Kitlocker for £31.46 and they have a full range of sizes available. Club shop need to massively up their game in 2024. It's pitiful.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Is the lack of replica kits simply because we're small fry compared to some of Nike's other clubs that they supply? I've always thought that it isn't worth the club really pushing the point because don't they only get to keep a small percentage of the shirt revenue anyway?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Is the lack of replica kits simply because we're small fry compared to some of Nike's other clubs that they supply? I've always thought that it isn't worth the club really pushing the point because don't they only get to keep a small percentage of the shirt revenue anyway?

They also don't want a surplus of stock leftover at the end of the season, so they are pretty conservative with the forecasts.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They also don't want a surplus of stock leftover at the end of the season, so they are pretty conservative with the forecasts.
I understand that, but most sizes of everything are launched in September and sold out by October, never to be seen again.

There's being 'conservative with the forecasts' and then there's being that candidate on The Apprentice that gets fired in episode 2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given the various comments about the club's retail operation not necessarily growing in the same style as everything else, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Over the "Blue Weekend" period (more specifically the 25th November), I placed an order online for a few bits, to take advantage of the discount. The main item I wanted, was the new black Nike "travel t-shirt."
Given that it is now 10 days since that was placed, and the status was still showing as "processing," I emailed them today asking if I could actually collect it tomorrow given that I will be there for the game (I live 80 miles away so not an option to just pop down there." I then received a refund notification for said t-shirt, saying it was out of stock - then the rest of the order has been despatched.
Am I unreasonable to think that once an order is placed, that item should then be "ring-fenced" and allocated to whoever has ordered & paid for it, as I am more than a little miffed that through no fault of my own, I now wont get the item that I bought in good faith, simply being penalised for not being local to the ground.
After the issues relating to the Europa League shirt, I just don't get how the retail operation at the Withdean was better than what it is now.
I have emailed both the shop & support services, but no reply received.
Errea were better kit suppliers. Nike are rubbish.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In the busy shopping period before Xmas the club shop have; ZERO male adult kit available, ZERO training kit (Except GK), ZERO kids kits except for under 5 sizes, ZERO kids training tops.
There's a lot to be said for consistency.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
so reply from the shop:

With the high number of orders, products sometimes do get oversold due to errors on our system with stock levels etc. we know how disappointing this can be and we sincerely apologise for this.

So in essence, as a business they deem it acceptable for people to order goods online, yet not receive what they paid for even if someone visits the shop in person and buys that item 1 week later, all because their processes are so out of touch with modern commerce? Yes it may only be a t shirt, but it was ordered in good faith, and I am being discriminate

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That men's Nike top that you land on when opening that link is currently only available in 2XL and retails at £60 in the club shop.

Unless having the AMEX logo and club badges are really important, you can buy the near identical top (or choose from many other colourways) from Kitlocker for £31.46 and they have a full range of sizes available. Club shop need to massively up their game in 2024. It's pitiful.
Aye, but pricing is a while different issue (to stock) and common to most PL clubs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Aye, but pricing is a while different issue (to stock) and common to most PL clubs.
Oh yes, fully agree. I suppose the point I was trying to make (but not very well), is that if the Club shop had had sufficient stock available I would never have even bothered shopping around. I was sitting there with my debit card ready. Still, it really doesn't trouble me too much. I've tried twice this season to spend money with the Club shop and both times there was zero stock available other than 2XL. Now I have found an alternative source I won't be bothering a third time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Comfortably lagging behind every other facet of the football club. By some distance.

World class club, with a League One Club Shop/Merchandise division.
*Tch* Moan moan moan. After everything Tony Bloom's done for us. Why can't you just support the team? Honestly, some people. Never happy.

Or rather: yes, totally agree. We've moaned about club merchandise before on here (quality/range/supply), and nothing seems to change. I've given up looking, I think this is the first Christmas where I haven't even bothered checking what's available.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Tch* Moan moan moan. After everything Tony Bloom's done for us. Why can't you just support the team? Honestly, some people. Never happy.

Or rather: yes, totally agree. We've moaned about club merchandise before on here (quality/range/supply), and nothing seems to change. I've given up looking, I think this is the first Christmas where I haven't even bothered checking what's available.
Yes, disclaimer for anyone who thinks I'm moaning - Tony Bloom is the greatest thing of all time ever.

It's just an odd disconnect we have in this one area - I'm also confident it will all be brought in line eventually also. I wonder if it needs some marketing GURU to come in or something, totally rethink the online/virtual/merchandising presence.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, disclaimer for anyone who thinks I'm moaning - Tony Bloom is the greatest thing of all time ever.

It's just an odd disconnect we have in this one area.
Fully agree. And if any one from the Club were ever to read any of this, hopefully they would take it as positive that supporters are voicing frustration that they cannot freely spend additional money with the Club. The worst outcome for the Club would be if nobody said anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here