Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club re-branding or just Livescore dropped the & Hove Albion?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I've noticed recently that we've been re-branded as just Brighton on Livescore, is that specific to them or is it a wider indicator of the club changing our naming convention similar to dropping Community from the stadium name and changing the name of the charitable arm of the club?

Livescore Brighton.JPG

Apologies if this is too boring, even coming from me!

as an ex computer programmer i can tell you its 99% likely them. & can be misinterpreted by web scrappers and text after get dropped.. Bad Programmers!!!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've noticed recently that we've been re-branded as just Brighton on Livescore, is that specific to them or is it a wider indicator of the club changing our naming convention similar to dropping Community from the stadium name and changing the name of the charitable arm of the club?

View attachment 167483

Apologies if this is too boring, even coming from me!
Marseille are correctly called Olympique de Marseille.

Do we think there are vieux gens on https://discussionsurlatribunenord.co.fr/ discussing the same thing...? :shrug:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think this is a sneaky re-branding without publically discussing it. Maybe it makes sense for the Americans and I won't be bothering PB OBE with it via email but I'm not in favour of it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think this is a sneaky re-branding without publically discussing it. Maybe it makes sense for the Americans and I won't be bothering PB OBE with it via email but I'm not in favour of it.

The club doesn't control the wording used by sites/apps!

It's largely down to space (or, sometimes, laziness). "Brighton &HA" doesn't look right, so publishers just go with Brighton.

And, BTW, the club has trademarks on Brighton & Hove Albion and BHAFC. It would be impossible to protect "Brighton".

As a branding excercise it would be up there (down there) with Consignia.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A measured response, firm but not overly emotional.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Don't forget the Hove in Brighton Hove Albion!"

From the archive of 'Chants you don't hear any more.' (And I don't think it was very popular even back in the 60s/70s when I heard it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here