Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club or Country?

Falmer Faithful

Patience is a virtue...
Jun 5, 2008
Greetings all.

As a newcomer to NSC allow me to extend a hearty :wave:

I've spent my evening watching a dvd of the 1966 World Cup Final and have found myself struggling to answer what should be an easy question:

"If I have to choose between seeing the Albion lift the European Cup (Unrealistic I appreciate) or England lift the World Cup (Possibly equally as unrealistic ;)) which would I choose?"

I feel I should go with England on this but over the last couple of years am finding it increasingly hard to connect with our overpaid "idols" and enjoy our clubs exploits with much more heartfelt emotion. In truth the Albion are now closer to my heart than the national team!

You've probably had a thread on this before but as we are embarking on a brave new journey supporting both club (please no comments on how many old boys are returning, lets concentrate on future success!) and country i'd appreciate others feelings about this age old debate........

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
England winning the world cup. It would be awesome for the whole country. All my football-loving friends would be happy, and it would bring a small break to the non stop tedious petty arguing between Goon, Hamster, Yid and CCCP fans up in London where I work - at least for a wee bit...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
productpreview_96.gif

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd take Albion winning the league cup (or promotion to the premiership) over England winning anything. I'd pretty much give anything to see us win a Champions League.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I'd take Albion winning the league cup (or promotion to the premiership) over England winning anything. I'd pretty much give anything to see us win a Champions League.

yep agreed, had this discussion with you after we saw an England game, and we said we'd much rather see Brighton at Withdean than England at Wembley.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Difficult choice! On one hand England winning the world cup would give the whole country a lift but on the other hand the Albion winning the champions league would give me some fantastic bragging rights at work. I think i'll go with :albion2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Albion...and I mean the ones who play in blue and white...not the alternative name for England.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As players show less and less respect about playing for their country it would have to be BHAFC.

I would point though the anti-christ to many David Beckham has shown more passion when playing for his country than any others for quite a while.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
As players show less and less respect about playing for their country it would have to be BHAFC.

I would point though the anti-christ to many David Beckham has shown more passion when playing for his country than any others for quite a while.

Passion is great but not when its used as an excuse to keep someone in a side despite them being very ineffective and almost a non-entity in a game. That is what David Beckham had become in recent times however since his move to the MLS he does seem to have improved some what and got back to being more influential.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The trouble is if we do ever win the Champions League we will probably have a load of poncy overpaid players

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
100% Brighton, even to the point where if i had to choose between Brighton reaching the playoffs and England reaching the finals of a competition its Brighton all the way

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Even though, i dont support Brighton, unless you actually go and watch England..i dont know how ANYONE can choose England, but everyone deserves an opinion;)

Tottenham > England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here