Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club online shop stock

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Know this is an annual fixture but how can we have zero online stock for men’s home shirts so early into a season?! Noting there is zero stock for away shirts and training gear also. Been checking for past fortnight and zero changes. You’d think given the names we’ve signed this summer and the Encisco /mitoma fanfare would make the club double down in this department… now with Fati imminent this is probably going to 10x demand and there’s nothing to sell online. Anyone in the know on club shop stock and when we might see some updates??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard Fati is number 20 😉

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Know this is an annual fixture but how can we have zero online stock for men’s home shirts so early into a season?! Noting there is zero stock for away shirts and training gear also. Been checking for past fortnight and zero changes. You’d think given the names we’ve signed this summer and the Encisco /mitoma fanfare would make the club double down in this department… now with Fati imminent this is probably going to 10x demand and there’s nothing to sell online. Anyone in the know on club shop stock and when we might see some updates??
Why not refer to the countless other threads on this? Search “club shop”.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kieran Maguire covered this on last week's episode of the Brighton Rock podcast.
In short, Nike don't really give a toss about us because we're lil ol Brighton, and they make their money on RM, ManU, PSG, etc

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Why not refer to the countless other threads on this? Search “club shop”.
Sorry thread police, didn’t realise there was a license to post on a forum. I did actually search that exact phrase among others, and last posts were in fact 2011… and yes I’m aware others have posted in other threads in recent times before you croak up something again from your armchair ;)

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Kieran Maguire covered this on last week's episode of the Brighton Rock podcast.
In short, Nike don't really give a toss about us because we're lil ol Brighton, and they make their money on RM, ManU, PSG, etc
Awesome. Will check it later on! Thanks

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nike are doing very well if they are making any money out of Real Madrid and Man Utd at the moment.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Wonder what is the volume of shirts requested season over season given our brand growth globally in recents years?! Or do we even have any control in that matter… maybe Nike say here’s 100k shirts, go sell’em. If I was a Nike exec,
I’d look at that and think mitoma probably commands 50k Asian shirt sales minimum… and then on a debut European season there’ll be many of us looking for the commemorative memorabilia, so let’s given a massive supply to a growing brand… It’ll be interesting to see how Nike handles Fati moving, he will sell shirts on a scale we’ve never seen in this clubs history.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wonder what is the volume of shirts requested season over season given our brand growth globally in recents years?! Or do we even have any control in that matter… maybe Nike say here’s 100k shirts, go sell’em. If I was a Nike exec,
I’d look at that and think mitoma probably commands 50k Asian shirt sales minimum… and then on a debut European season there’ll be many of us looking for the commemorative memorabilia, so let’s given a massive supply to a growing brand… It’ll be interesting to see how Nike handles Fati moving, he will sell shirts on a scale we’ve never seen in this clubs history.
Have you heard of lead times? Priorities? So tedious. Send your suggestions to Nike and the Albion. Where does your 50k figure come from?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst it’s certainly true that the Albion are not a big enough name to get top tier service from Nike, I’m not sure that’s relevant here.

As others have said, and I saw myself in the Churchill Square shop on Monday, the physical stores are well stocked - I saw home shirts in all sizes from S to 3XL, for example.

However, for whatever reason, the club aren’t replicating this stock online, so if you only look there you’d think the club is out of stock of many things, when a visit to the physical store will tell you otherwise.

I’ve no idea why this is the case: do the club use a separate fulfilment company for online orders and they are short of stock? Or are the club saving all stock for the hoards of tourists who turn up at the Amex with bulging wallets?

Who knows? But get yourself along to a store if you can and you’ll probably be able to find what you’re looking for.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
However, for whatever reason, the club aren’t replicating this stock online, so if you only look there you’d think the club is out of stock of many things, when a visit to the physical store will tell you otherwise.

I’m fairly sure they do so - and I imagine there is a cost with the website / 3PL partner - so makes sense to not ‘overstock’ them

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whilst it’s certainly true that the Albion are not a big enough name to get top tier service from Nike, I’m not sure that’s relevant here.

As others have said, and I saw myself in the Churchill Square shop on Monday, the physical stores are well stocked - I saw home shirts in all sizes from S to 3XL, for example.

I’ve no idea why this is the case: do the club use a separate fulfilment company for online orders and they are short of stock? Or are the club saving all stock for the hoards of tourists who turn up at the Amex with bulging wallets?

Who knows? But get yourself along to a store if you can and you’ll probably be able to find what you’re looking for.
Strangely enough I did go to the shop at The Amex today. c5yos, 2XLs and 3XLs were all that was available in the home kit, away kit was slightly better but, overall, most of the shelf/shirt space was empty.
I pay scant attention to this, but pretty sure last year they were out of stock for months. There's obviously been a huge spike in demand, but Nike hardly look the most agile of suppliers. With a bit of luck, our enhanced profile will result in a more accommodating deal that can manage demand better.
Am I right in thinking that the Nike contract runs out soon (the end of this season, for instance)?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
There was loads of kit in the shop before the match on Saturday. :shrug:

Maybe they are keeping stock for the club shop at the the Amex. It's a bit frustrating that levels are seemingly low online but I think i think it makes sense to prioritise fans attending the stadium.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There was loads of kit in the shop before the match on Saturday. :shrug:
I don't doubt what you're saying, all I'm saying is that I was there yesterday, and there was next to nothing.
Harveys were stocking up the beer. It may be that the club shop will be stocked up ahead of the game on Saturday, but they hadn't got round to it yesterday.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
F83EC65F-8430-4489-9406-F617E15192A4.png

new shirts incoming club website down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here