Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
At the end of the day if the club asked the fans what they wanted I would say 90% would prefer separate men and womens Twitter accounts , emails etc. We seem to be one of the only clubs that lump everything in together when, let's be honest, most don't care about the women's team.

And the fact that they have this annoying clickbait is probably turning more people off the women's game than positively promoting it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, of people I’ve spoken to i’d say it certainly is having a detrimental effect on the women’s team

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am happy to hear about the mens, development and women's teams. I really do not think it would hurst to state 'Men's team signs new keeper' etc though. They are deliberately not putting which team the email applies to in order to get more people to open it. I am not going to lose any sleep over it but it is mildly irritating. For those claiming sexism and misogyny (yes I know some of it is in jest) then the clickbait issue applies to development squad too, it is not a gender issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha ha, I think you know my point, time obviously not an issue for you when you have chalked up 46,574 posts or were they all done in nanoseconds?

I’m sure you can understand my researched, measured, balanced, considered and reasoned posts take more than a few nanoseconds but I can knock them out reasonably quickly. You can’t put a time on the enlightenment of my fellow posters though; I’m happy to make the sacrifice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tsk, youth of today moaning about free emails, back in the day you had to spend money sitting on a telephone to hear no 1st team players had been signed

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why do you consider it 'trolling'...?

:whistle:

I don’t support the women’s team, I’m not interested. Arsenal don’t send me team updates, neither do Grimsby or Swindon, why won’t the Albion send the updates to those that are interested and stop spamming those of us who don’t give a shit.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Tbh I don't really think this is a case of clickbait. Our club is just trying to do their bit to raise the profile of the ladies team especially on the back of the world cup.

I don't get why anyone would be upset about it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just not interested, so if the club was clever they’d at least target ‘customers’ better using proper CRM.

Amateur Albion. Very.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tbh I don't really think this is a case of clickbait. Our club is just trying to do their bit to raise the profile of the ladies team especially on the back of the world cup.

I don't get why anyone would be upset about it.

Because people get a bombardment of comms each and every day!! Where have you been? Are you isolated on an island somewhere (with wi fi obviously)? :) It’s like being repeatedly called by ambulance chasers. People tend to get annoyed when their day is interrupted regularly by someone or something thats of no interest to them. Whether a call, an email, leaflet in the street. It’s all the same. The Albion are being a bit annoying here. Be very simple to do.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It's not trolling, unless the definition has broadened somewhat. It might be more 'clickbait' but definitely not trolling.

They are pushing the ladies football as lots of other places are as it's gaining in popularity. It's here to stay, so time to get used to it.

It may stay but hopefully once the real game kicks off there will be less space available for the ladies

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So many people are missing the point about so why many people are getting annoyed. It has nothing to do with being remotely sexist as a progressive club it is absolutely right that the club puts out there all the women's football news. What irks is that it's a quite deliberate piece of clickbait and no doubt somewhere statistics will misleadingly suggest that the hits prove a certain level of interest in the women's game. It doesn't need this sleight of hand. The recent World cup has proved an increased interest. However, and I make no apology for it, I'm just not that excited about the Albion's woman's team. Just simply make it obvious in the headline that it relates to the women.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you can't muster 100 votes a poll on NSC is null and void. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Women have no place in the game. This email was obviously sent by a women. I rest my case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that we should be able to opt out of receiving e mails about the Ladies Team if we have no interest or wish to receive them.

If you follow the Unsubscribe link, it takes you to a Preferences page with a number of Yes/No options, including one labelled 'Pref Womens'. Could be that's how you can filter out news about the Women's team, tho the page is so poorly designed it's hard to tell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just set your email inbox so you can preview the content without opening the mail (if opening a mail, instantly realising it’s of no interest and deleting it in 2 seconds is detracting from your quality of life so much).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why do people get wound up about this?! Bizarre.
My smartwatch simply shows a notification. 'The Albion sign new keeper'. Now I know that most our new signings are women so I don't bother with the email. It's annoying at work as for a moment I get my hopes up.

I am sure the club don't want to disappoint lots of their fans but they certainly are. It would be simple to separate the different teams.

It's also ironic that so many people are stating that they can't understand why others are bothered, they are themselves getting bothered about other people getting bothered. Why not accept that not everyone is the same. None of us are annoyed about all the same things so why should this be any different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here