Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Legend ... Do we have a new one?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Today is the 13th anniversary of Dunk's debut.

(0-0 away to MK Dons)

13 years.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
They will all be legends if we actually win something imho. At the moment the holy trinity, Dunk Grös and Solly are our ever-present players and have been since we got into the Premier League. That is longer than anyone else has played for us at the highest level so are on the way to legendary status I reckon.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
For me, RDZ is a legend already even though he's only been here for 5 minutes. I bloody love that guy!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Today is the 13th anniversary of Dunk's debut.

(0-0 away to MK Dons)

13 years.
This says it all and for me length of service, leadership, club and individual progress, link to Sussex, ability, character, humility and contribution to those less fortunate AND hatred of Palace is what makes Dunk a legend, and I find it hard to say but ahead of Ward, Horton, Zamora, Murray, Bruno, Gross, Mayo, etc, etc by some distance.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I mean the fact people are debating whether Dunk is an Albion legend or not and that Gross is ahead of him is mental.

You can’t have a legends conversation without including Murray.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I mean the fact people are debating whether Dunk is an Albion legend or not and that Gross is ahead of him is mental.

You can’t have a legends conversation without including Murray.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I always think of Zamora as a Albion legend, 83 goals in 136 appearances. Although obviously he only played 3 to 4 seasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe we need to establish a ‘Hall of Fame’ rather than try to agree legends…….induct maybe one a year to it or something (assuming there is someone deserving). Dunk, Groß, Zamora, Murray etc would already be in it…..

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Let's not forget our ' anti legends ' from the hall of shame. To name my top 3 who all made Richard Tiltman look class!

Mark Farrington
Ashley Neale
Michael Mahoney Johnson

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was there… I saw Michael Mahoney-Johnson. I was 12 years old and my Dad drove us from Seven Dials area to Gillingham, at my insistence. I think there was something on local TV about “Fans United 2” and I was desperate to go.

Prior, Dad had taken me for the long walk numerous times to the Goldstone. He lived his whole life in Brighton, as did his parents.

He drove us to Gillingham (probably against his better judgement!).

Even as a naive, Albion loving 12 year old, I recognised a standard akin to the matches I watched Dad referee in the Sussex Counties League most weeks.

It’s funny how some things stick with you. I saw a LOT of Albion matches with my late Father before he died as I grew into my teens and adulthood.

After about 30 minutes of arguably the worst professional football match ever played, I asked my Dad something like;

“Isn’t our new forward from QPR? They’re way better than us, why is he so bad?”

He had no reply.

RIP Dad.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was there… I saw Michael Mahoney-Johnson. I was 12 years old and my Dad drove us from Seven Dials area to Gillingham, at my insistence. I think there was something on local TV about “Fans United 2” and I was desperate to go.

Prior, Dad had taken me for the long walk numerous times to the Goldstone. He lived his whole life in Brighton, as did his parents.

He drove us to Gillingham (probably against his better judgement!).

Even as a naive, Albion loving 12 year old, I recognised a standard akin to the matches I watched Dad referee in the Sussex Counties League most weeks.

It’s funny how some things stick with you. I saw a LOT of Albion matches with my late Father before he died as I grew into my teens and adulthood.

After about 30 minutes of arguably the worst professional football match ever played, I asked my Dad something like;

“Isn’t our new forward from QPR? They’re way better than us, why is he so bad?”

He had no reply.

RIP Dad.
Incidentally, anyone here go to Hertford Jr School in the 80s or 90s and remember Mr G? Dm me if you can.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Groß gets legend status to me for the Groß turn alone. And that's before you consider all the goals and assists since we - and he - started in the PL.

Dunk is also a legend, no question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here