Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Legend ... Do we have a new one?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Dunk, March and Gross are all Albion legends in my eyes. All faithful and hard working servants who have been exceptional. Gross has defined our premier league era and deserves far more credit and recognition for what he has brought.

Mar 4, 2023
I have to come on here and admit I was one of those who said he was past it a season or so back. Time for him to step back and let someone else in. How wrong was I?
Problem is a Legend is always someone who does something we remember. Wardy & Zamora scored goals, lots of them, and that is what we remember. Lawrenson stopped the opposition scoring and we don't remember that.
Being in a team with a World Cup Winner and players valued at £mega millions he's just a cog but none the less a cog that makes the wheel work.
Of those in the team now I expect only Dunk will see out his playing days here and move upstairs within the club and get the well deserved Legend status for the next generation.
Groß scoring our first goal back in the top flight and then being responsible for something like 40% of goals/assists to keep us up that first season sticks in my mind.
Then the fact he’s been with us ever since and been able to consistently perform, even in a team with a World Cup winner, shows his quality.
Without his contributions in those first Hughton seasons we don’t end up with the embarrassment of riches we have today.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There is absolutely no metric under which Dunk doesn't qualify as a legend. He will go down as the club legend.

Unless he was to leave for Palace I'm not sure how he can't the biggest legend the club will ever have.

He's basically been with us his whole life. From League 1 to being captain and first name on the team sheet in the Premier League (and just about an England international).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The eternal debate.

What do we actually class as an Albion Legend?

Mark Lawrenson still remains, currently, the greatest player to ever pull an Albion shirt in my lifetime, but I don’t class him as a ‘legend’.

For me one who often gets overlooked is Sir Norman Gall, 12 years at the club, over 450 appearances.

Its clearly an age thing, but fascinating all the same.

Maybe we need the definitive NSC legends poll?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here