Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club has handled JFC so well

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I disagree I think hes playing with very little confidence because he has had so little game time. He keeps the ball very well and just needs a run of games and I think he will improve.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Some harsh comments on this thread. I thought he saw plenty of the ball and very rarely gave it away. With a few more match under his belt, I think he will go from strength to strength.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Lopez and JFC were awful.......Lopez had too many chances this season and needs a kick up the 4rse.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oscar is assessing all of his squad at present, which is fair enough. He's looking to see if we have any un-polished gems in the squad and seems to like the look of JFC and Ince. If we manage to keep up with the top of the table we may see less of them, but otherwise they should get a good number of games under their belt.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As I said on the match thread, he could and should have caused more problems going forward at times but showed either a lack of confidence or pace or perhaps both by not surging forward and instead drifting out to the wings and waiting for more players to come up (and reading defenders to come back!) rather than attack with just KLL or Barnes alongside. I found that quite frustrating at times, especially when he then just passed it sideways or short to no effect. It was as if he didn't want the ball. Still, might improve with more games. He did ok and is still young. But saying that, this is a big season for him and if he's to make the grade he needs to stamp more authority on the game than he showed yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar is assessing all of his squad at present, which is fair enough. He's looking to see if we have any un-polished gems in the squad and seems to like the look of JFC and Ince. If we manage to keep up with the top of the table we may see less of them, but otherwise they should get a good number of games under their belt.

If we get lucky enough to have a full strength midfield fit I think JFC will struggle to make the bench. All good experience for him until then though and like any player he will need a few games on the bounce before we see just how good he really is. Looks like he might get the chance given our injuries so far.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought he did the simple things well would like him to try a few shots on goal and cause some threats to his opponents however its work in progress.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mediocre at best today. I think it is nothing to do with the club handing him well, more to do with him not being good enough to break into the matchday squad for last season.

If he was good enough age would have nothing to do with it, but he can certainly get better with application and effort, alternatively he could go the way of our last player called Jake......

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Once again people have unrealistic expectations of one of our youngsters. A 19 year old that hasn't played for a while is not going to turn up and boss every game. He did the simple things well without being spectacular, I'm happy with that.

You need to accept that if you're going to bring young players through the system they will have some games that aren't spectacular. The experience will benefit them as they improve over the next few seasons. In JFC and Ince we have two players who could realisticly be our midfield pairing in 5 years time, but they need to be handled correctly and they need to be given game time.

Look at Barnes yesterday, he's starting to look and play like a seasoned pro at the age of 23. Had it beeen up to all the ar*eholes on here he would've been left out of the side every time he made a mistake or he only played ok.

*edit* Just to add, if he'd played sh*it yesterday we would've looked light in the middle and been over run. That ws not the case.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Dont think he offered anything more than Agustien does and was more lightweight.

Seems to me like Oscars decision to play JFC was to put him on show for another club to take him on loan for the season and bring Kemy back in for the next game.

I think sending JFC on loan to Oxford was a bad decision in hindsight as he clearly wasn't treated in the right way there. Hopefully a loan to a better club (e.g. Crawley?) would do him a lot more good.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought he played well, unfit really ? I dont set that, I thought he put a terrific shift in

Great prospect

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People saying he will never make it... he is 19 !!! Give the lad a break. I thought he looked alright once he got into the game a bit more, fair play to Oscar for giving him a start too. Unfortunately regardless of how he played, can't see him starting on Wednesday when we need a bit more beef and experience against QPR.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think he played alright. I think he was the one to lose out most on Ulloa going, as he had to take a step back and defend a bit more.

He gives us something a bit different to what we have already. There were a fair few occasions when I saw him making darting runs through the centre to beat the back four, but we didn't send the ball his way. Perhaps with a bit more experience with the team, he and the team will adjust to each other and we might see this come off.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I thought he was a 6/10..... he lost marks for me when too often he didn't put himself in space to be the 'out' for the man in possession.... Just a little bit of ball watching that should be sorted with a few more starts under his belt.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He was alright. Clearly some people on here expect a young player who hasnt started in over 18 months for the club and who's only first team experience is playing in League 2.

Spanish Dave was certainly our worst player yesterday, hence why he came off for Barnes - and we IMMEDIATELY looked better, though that was probably down to actually having striker on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here