Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus apologist alert! The fact is we drew far too many games (more than any other team) we should have won because Gus was (a) over-defencive, (b) mismanaged his substitutions; and/or (c) had no plan B.

seems to me he has a fair view...of course he isent jumping up and down on poyets grave as you would prefer..but it doesnt alter its a fair opinion imho

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
thats how i saw it...and those who dislike/like poyet will interpret it one way or the other to back up there argument

Oh dear! Only someone very pro-Gus could twist the meaning to the one suggested by LB.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Managers association in 'backing manager' shocker!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thank you ROSM, i will keep trying to find a copy and i appreciate your efforts. I need to scratch an itch; apparently the clue might be with who isn't present around half time and not who is. Watching it is the only way i can think of for me finding out if this is true and i am not being sold a bunch of google. Again thanks for you efforts.

Sergei - I recorded the game over here in the States, and still have it. I'll happily look at it again - what is it exactly you are looking for? Respond to this post or drop me a PM.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Gus apologist alert! The fact is we drew far too many games (more than any other team) we should have won because Gus was (a) over-defencive, (b) mismanaged his substitutions; and/or (c) had no plan B.

Oh do pee off. You never read my posts without bias because I don't agree with you. It's not possible to debate with you as you refuse to take anyone else's opinion on board. You always level this accusation at me and its not true.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seems to me he has a fair view...of course he isent jumping up and down on poyets grave as you would prefer..but it doesnt alter its a fair opinion imho

"Jumping up and down on his grave"! How emotive. He isn't dead as far as I know. Maybe his career, but not him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
zzzzzzzz..only you could suggest someone is very pro gus if he isent jumping on his grave...oh deja vu

Wake up. You might understand what is going on a bit better then.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
High court? Not after ET surely?

As I recall, though it may have changed since I worked in the UK, the appeal process in employment law cases is firstly to an IT. If the appellant loses at IT he/she can then appeal to an Employment Appeal Tribunal, but only on a point of law. Thereafter the case can go to the Court of Appeal, then to the House of Lords and then to the European Court. Total time? 5+ years and excruciating lawyers fees. Alternatively the case can go to the civil courts on a Wrongful Dismissal claim.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gus lost all credibility for me with the comments he made after the Palace game. When we needed him to encourage and motivate us and look positively to the start of the new season, he chose to focus on his own personal needs to the detriment of the club. I remain saddened that things ended the way they did.

totally agree, although the misconduct was unrelated

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh do pee off. You never read my posts without bias because I don't agree with you. It's not possible to debate with you as you refuse to take anyone else's opinion on board. You always level this accusation at me and its not true.

Really, so do you think Gus exceeded expectations or met them. Personally, I think he met them. Well, met the minimum expectation of achieving the playoffs. A great manager would have made top 2 with the squad he had. Over to you for your thoughts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i lost all respect and interest in him post Palace loss... We all needed a " we've done we'll, I'm gutted, try again next year, and thanks to TB, Fans etc...."

However we got the GP show, that hurt especially after the defeat, and then as a result our club is made to look TINPOT and Palace loved every second of it.... Yup thanks Gus really appreciated that...

Similar to previous persons comments re funerals and being dumped...far from good timing and very insensitive..

We have already sold more season tickets than last year. Some on here are concerned about the club's reputation if things come out. Pfui! All that matters is the desire of us lot to turn up, and decent players to want to come to our club. GP can sue for unfair dismissal. I bet he doesn't. If he does, Tony has decided the odds, and the risk is worth it. And he can pay his gambler's debt if he loses. I'm not worried. I'm looking forward to the season. Time to move on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I had someone bleating on to me about how Gus was this and that and after his tirade I said just one thing

4th

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have already sold more season tickets than last year. Some on here are concerned about the club's reputation if things come out. Pfui! All that matters is the desire of us lot to turn up, and decent players to want to come to our club. GP can sue for unfair dismissal. I bet he doesn't. If he does, Tony has decided the odds, and the risk is worth it. And he can pay his gambler's debt if he loses. I'm not worried. I'm looking forward to the season. Time to move on.

and this

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I had someone bleating on to me about how Gus was this and that and after his tirade I said just one thing

4th

4th. Good point. 2nd was possible with the squad he had, and Gus' was outsmarted by Wurzel in the play-off semi. But just gloss over that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here