Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
if you don't mind me asking...when you say it wasn't effective in the championship...do you not think 4th place is some sort of effectiveness?

I think that through the season we had untold opportunites to turn draws into wins, or losing situations into draws and this effectively stopped us from being promoted automatically. Finishing fourth was a fine achievement of course, but with the talent we had available, we should have sneaked over the line without the need for the play-offs, and I put that down to a rigid and unbending adherence to one style of play. If the bamboo doesn't bend in the wind, it snaps...

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I'm glad he has gone and he can now concentrate on getting one of those jobs he craved for whilst working for us.

Well done to the club for not wanting to pay him off on the quiet.

TB

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that through the season we had untold opportunites to turn draws into wins, or losing situations into draws and this effectively stopped us from being promoted automatically. Finishing fourth was a fine achievement of course, but with the talent we had available, we should have sneaked over the line without the need for the play-offs, and I put that down to a rigid and unbending adherence to one style of play. If the bamboo doesn't bend in the wind, it snaps...

I can see where you are coming from ...as regards to the ''should bit'' half the sides in the championship might have claimed that :)

This looks to me like a case that still has a long way to go. It shouldn't have any impact on the coming season, though. Oscar can get on with his job, David Burke can do his, and the squad can start winning.

If anything ever gets to court, it will be months (even a year) before anything happens.

The cost of the Club losing might be enormous, though, bearing in mind the fact that Gus has been sacked without any financial settlement.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
This looks to me like a case that still has a long way to go. It shouldn't have any impact on the coming season, though. Oscar can get on with his job, David Burke can do his, and the squad can start winning.

If anything ever gets to court, it will be months (even a year) before anything happens.

The cost of the Club losing might be enormous, though, bearing in mind the fact that Gus has been sacked without any financial settlement.

And if the club win then who pays that ex manager legal fees?

And if the club win then who pays that ex manager legal fees?

That is a decision for the Court. In my experience, it's rare for an Employment Tribunal to order the losing side to pay the winner's legal costs. Winning can often be more expensive than losing.

Other Courts may take a different view, of course. No doubt the lawyers will be thinking about the options.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Common misconception. The % of cases whereby a claimant who loses such a case ends up having to pay costs of the company who defended themselves are incredibly small. Less than 1% of cases, I believe.

Most appellants aren't loaded though tbh. That bird that took Alan Sugar to tribunal recently has to pay his costs I believe. Even if I had a 1% chance of having to pay fees I'd give it a long hard look.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was effective in the Championship except where the opponents had a coach/manager with a plan able to compete with it and for me, that is where it all fell apart, as Gus had no plan B.

No argument from me on this.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That is a decision for the Court. In my experience, it's rare for an Employment Tribunal to order the losing side to pay the winner's legal costs. Winning can often be more expensive than losing.

Other Courts may take a different view, of course. No doubt the lawyers will be thinking about the options.

If the LMA don 't feel he has a case then I doubt Poyet will fight it alone, however if the LMA do back Poyet won't it be Gus with the LMA's support, legal team and funding versus the club?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

Mr Bloom and his family don't lose very often......and if he has not taken the very best legal advice available to him.....then quite frankly he deservers to lose this case. My hope is that this "Horrid "affair,is settled and Gus can leave without a "But " after his name.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd let it go myself then and move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the LMA don 't feel he has a case then I doubt Poyet will fight it alone, however if the LMA do back Poyet won't it be Gus with the LMA's support, legal team and funding versus the club?
The LMA statement which ends with a synopsis of Gus's managerial career indicates they might jump either way , until they decide it all hangs in the balance.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Although I suspect the Tribunal would also find that Poyet had contributed towards his own dismissal and would adjust the size of any award accordingly.

Most appellants aren't loaded though tbh. That bird that took Alan Sugar to tribunal recently has to pay his costs I believe. Even if I had a 1% chance of having to pay fees I'd give it a long hard look.
She lost the Tribunal case, but the Tribunal didn't order her to pay Sugar's costs. He has said that he will (may?) take out a separate legal case against her, to recoup £35,000 of his legal costs. It's not clear to me whether the £35,000 represents his total costs, or just what he thinks a second court case might award him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lord-sugar-counter-sues-apprentice-winner-1937148

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is mostly tedious twaddle rehashing prejudices aired weeks ago. Does anyone actually know what the charges were - exactly? No you don't so instead you are indulging yourselves in pretentious waffle about things you know nothing about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here