Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know what happened and am dying to openly discuss it on here. Alas I cannot elaborate on the gross misconduct. Maddening isn't it. Never mind...... Us in the know will just have to live with it.

You are talking about the dead swan aren't you?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some people seem desperately keen to be looking for reasons to dislike the man. There's a lot of nonsense being written here - it's not as if these anecdotes warranted a 10 page binfest on here at the time is it?

I might be in the minority but I really am not sure I want to know what caused this rift, as either I'm going to end up being embarrassed by the conduct of the club I support, or I'm going to end up disliking one of the finest managers we've ever had here. I'd rather just wish the bloke well, thanks for some fantastic memories Gus. And now lets watch Oscar ruddy well win us the title.

I have a lot of sympathy for that, wanting to know what Gus did is largely curiosity, and not necessarily helpful - especially when we can move on anyway.

For me it would be almost more wanting to know about the actions of people still at the club (ie chairman, chief exec), very much part of the story. They are in charge, and if they did anything right, or wrong along the way, that would be of interest to me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
superb post. And please lets not jump on oscar if we don't start so well. He must have the toughest job in the championship next season. I'd be very happy with 6th.

And just why has Oscar got the toughest job in the Championship!? Try telling that to the managers of the clubs relegated from the Prem (where expectations are sky high), or the managers of those clubs likely to be battling relegation, or the managers of the dozen or so other clubs who believe they should be in the fight for promotion (just like our club). We are 2 maybe 3, 4 max players away from having a STRONGER squad than last season, and we won't be hampered by Gus' over-negative tactics, or his de-motivating public pronouncements.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think Marshy has posted the right description from what I have heard, but nothing has been verified.

Cheers, I'll have a look for it.

ps I won't be quoting Marshy, mind, as I want to keep out of any future libel case(s). :thumbsup:

Edit: Just seen said post & it fits perfectly my gut-feeling when it all kicked off.

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I know what happened and am dying to openly discuss it on here. Alas I cannot elaborate on the gross misconduct. Maddening isn't it. Never mind...... Us in the know will just have to live with it.

Knowing what you know, do you agree with the outcome?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Some people/managers might be wary of the club now they know how they do everything by the book - but whatever that won't and hasn't stopped us getting a new COACH

Some clubs might be wary of Gus over what happened - but virtually every club will employ him if they think it will move them up the league!

Sven Goran Ericson still gets jobs doesn't he and that amazes me more than any that Poyet will get

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Awwwwww, come on Q: nobody reads any of the crap on 'ere anyway. You can safely spill the ol' beans. :wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If ego Poyet does take it to a Tribunal - does this mean Oscar still has to keep quiet?

How long has Gus got to make a decision?

This could balls up our season, but i am confident Bloom and Barber know what they are doing (they should - being in the positions they are in - and up against a knee jerk talky talky latin american).

No.

Not sure, but I doubt he will take too long, after all he has to think about his future career.

Our season will NOT be messed-up whatever Gus does from here.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
At least the LMA have admitted that some misconduct took place.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No, it's not irrelevant, except in your blinkered hindsight. Before KO at that match we had three games to go, as did our play-off chasing rivals, so no-one knew what the outcome of all of our/their three games would be. On that basis, my argument that to play an inexperienced GK in such an important fixture was an error of judgement stands, and I should imagine it didn't escape Mr. Bloom's notice either...

Maybe it should also be pointed out that Brezovan had an absolute SHOCKER in the previous game against West Ham, which we of course lost 6-0. Ankergren was consistently poor, Brezovan made shockers - it made sense to try him out !!

That was at Barnsley when it was all over on the last day.

And that was to avoid the pitch invasion !!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
What is still puzzling me is why we have gone through all of this to dispense with him (avoiding paying any compensation on his contract) when we could have waited and collected a few million when another club came knocking in the close season. Any ideas ?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
The club cannot release details of the disciplinary action taken again Poyet, nor the reason for that action since they are covered by data protection laws. If Poyet was to go to an employment tribunal and claim unfair dismissal, either on the grounds of a lack of proper process or proper grounds, then details might well come out. Such hearings are held in public.

Having heard why he has been dismissed I doubt that he will take it further. If he has any sense (this is a moot point) then he will move on to pastures new ASAP...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What is still puzzling me is why we have gone through all of this to dispense with him (avoiding paying any compensation on his contract) when we could have waited and collected a few million when another club came knocking in the close season. Any ideas ?

I think its because no club was prepared to pay compo for him, lets see who comes forward now?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Gus is guilty as charged!?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Because ( as written in the Argus), Tony's relationship with Gus had completely broken down.

Tony's doesn't have to have to put up with that situation.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From what I've heard he did, Gus would be very foolish to continue his fight. But, then, that's no guarantee he won't!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Having heard why he has been dismissed I doubt that he will take it further. If he has any sense (this is a moot point) then he will move on to pastures new ASAP...

I also doubt it is in Gus' interest for the charges to be publicised in court.

However, it is in his interest to start proceedings, and then drop them at some point and settle out of court.

The best result now would be for Gus to get another job asap, then he has a perfect reason to draw a line under this.

The LMA statement is just to help his CV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here