[Albion] Club Brugge reportedly interested in Steven Alzate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it's a given now that RDZ can bring out the best in almost any player, that they can play to the best of their ability in our set up.

But the ability they need is top 6 premier league, that's a high high bar. It's the levels that were set last year by MacAllister, Caicedo, Gross, Dunk, Estupinan, Trossard, March, Mitoma and that's what's needed to get in our team. Whether Alzate is there, I'm not sure, he'll thrive under RDZ no doubt but there are still questions.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Let's not forget he played LWB for over a season..

It's amazing a right winger is excelling once he's played on the right wing.
TBF, I thought LWB was a strong position for him, and we saw the best of him more often in that role, till last season.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Daily Telegraph say that both Sevilla and Fiorentina are interested in signing him for £8m. Quite a bargain.

Thought we might need Steven this season to add to our midfield options. He has more bite than our existing ones and can play a number of positions.

Assume RDZ does not fancy him?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Daily Telegraph say that both Sevilla and Fiorentina are interested in signing him for £8m. Quite a bargain.

Thought we might need Steven this season to add to our midfield options. He has more bite than our existing ones and can play a number of positions.

Bite isn’t a word I’d use to describe Alzate, depends if we are going to sign another CM as he appears to be behind everyone else.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Dominguez is an established international defensive midfielder and at 25 is in his prime. If he fits the algorithm, is priced right and passes the NDP then we must be interested!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I like Alzate but an 8m fee would be good for us. Hopefully with some add-ons and a sel on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good footballer, but never felt like he was quite at the standard required. Will be able to have a great career particular in Europe though, if £8M is there take it

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He needs to move. He's nowhere near the first team. I hope this means that at least one DM is very close, but ideally we should sign two.
It's going to be a long and tough season.
:ROFLMAO:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good player but, at the level we've reached, we now need better than good. Don't think he can be totally relied upon in a holding role and he's behind several others in regards to his other attributes. At 24, he must be craving regular football, wherever that is.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He needs to move. He's nowhere near the first team. I hope this means that at least one DM is very close, but ideally we should sign two.
It's going to be a long and tough season.
Yes, agreed. I think we haven’t wanted to sell him before we have a replacement. I think these rumours re Alzate suggest we have a replacement sorted. I’d think Baleba.
Alzate is a very technically sound player but just hasn’t got the power and pace of what we need at DM to compliment Dahoud, Gilmour or Gross.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think he has a place in the squad this season but naturally won't play as much as he would do at the linked clubs; depends if he wants to play every week

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he has a place in the squad this season but naturally won't play as much as he would do at the linked clubs; depends if he wants to play every week
I think he 100% does.

He’s not the answer to the Caicedo replacement quandary and has Groß, Gilmour, Dahoud and maybe Lallana ahead of him for the other midfield role.

It’s a shame but his place in the squad needs to be taken by a good defensive midfielder.

I wonder if it’s worth trying to get Thomas Delaney from Sevilla as part of the deal?

OR

We are rumoured to have asked Fiorentina about Amrabat before, again, if he hasn’t gone to a Big Six in a few weeks, he might settle for the Premier League leaders?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think he 100% does.

He’s not the answer to the Caicedo replacement quandary and has Groß, Gilmour, Dahoud and maybe Lallana ahead of him for the other midfield role.

It’s a shame but his place in the squad needs to be taken by a good defensive midfielder.

I wonder if it’s worth trying to get Thomas Delaney from Sevilla as part of the deal?

OR

We are rumoured to have asked Fiorentina about Amrabat before, again, if he hasn’t gone to a Big Six in a few weeks, he might settle for the Premier League leaders?
I like your ambitious transfer targets although they all seem unrealistic due to our pay structure.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, agreed. I think we haven’t wanted to sell him before we have a replacement. I think these rumours re Alzate suggest we have a replacement sorted. I’d think Baleba.
Alzate is a very technically sound player but just hasn’t got the power and pace of what we need at DM to compliment Dahoud, Gilmour or Gross.
Usual pedant joke. You don't need pace and power to pay a compliment... and runs for cover.

I think the signing of Gilmour has blocked Alzate’s progress so we should do the right thing by all parties. Very good player and well done to Potter for spotting his potential

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Neat and tidy but we need more than that now. Not good enough for where we are at and will never be good enough.

All the best !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports