Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Club affiliation National team loyalty ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
My dad's Irish (although he lived most his life in England) and I always followed Ireland as a result. USA '94 was probably quite formative in that as well, but it started before then.

What's always amused me is the extent to which it offends other people, including those that don't know me.

It takes all sorts doesn’t it.

I used to drink in a pub a few years ago and one of the regulars there was alright-ish as a rule, till Man Utd (or whoever were vying against Man Utd for the championship) was on TV. Then he became a Grade A nuisance.

As you can imagine, he wasn’t from Man U, didn’t go to Man U, but his dad was a fan back in the 60s, albeit he couldn’t really explain the connection. You know the type, you would never find a more passionate Man U fan than him, and you knew he just loved to tell you about how he supported Man U.........even though he had already told you a gazillion times.

I don’t think anyone was offended by him because he was harmless really, everyone else in the pub simply thought he was a c*nt. We’ve all met ‘em ain’t we?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here