Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Closing of Winter Olympics.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't forget the oil/gas pipelines that go through Ukraine end up in Russia , very important route .
Why don't America keep it's f--king nose out , they are still upset about not being able to invade Syria and there are a lot of Ukrainians want to be under Russian influence .

Don't know about you lot but it was so refreshing not to see any advertising virtually anywhere at the Olympics (except some small name on clothing and ski's etc), normally any sporting event it is plastered every available inch !

I imagine there was little advertising as most companies wouldn't want to be associated with the corrupt shambles and Russia's appalling human rights record.

As for the Ukraine I imagine Russia will be more concerned with paying a visit to the villages that spoke out on the news about such things as their water supplies being re-directed and the thousands of tonnes of bedrock mined from underneath their homes for the building works, causing entire villages to collapse into the earth. Putin has promised their issues will be addressed once the Olympics are over. Hmm, I bet they will. Oh, and of course rounding up the remaining members of Pussy Riot and dispatching them to various labour camps. I'd be running for the hills if I had spoken out against Putin and his Olympics right now.
Who's going to care about them as the whole world's interest in the gay/human rights issue fades away as yesterday's headlines?

Last edited:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I imagine there was little advertising as most companies wouldn't want to be associated with the corrupt shambles and Russia's appalling human rights record.

As for the Ukraine I imagine Russia will be more concerned with paying a visit to the villages that spoke out on the news about such things as their water supplies being re-directed and the thousands of tonnes of bedrock mined from underneath their homes for the building works, causing entire villages to collapse into the earth. Putin has promised their issues will be addressed once the Olympics are over. Hmm, I bet they will. Oh, and of course rounding up the remaining members of Pussy Riot and dispatching them to various labour camps. I'd be running for the hills if I had spoken out against Putin and his Olympics right now.
Who's going to care about them as the whole world's interest in the gay/human rights issue fades away as yesterday's headlines?

Looks like the previous winter Olympics were advert less as well in Vancouver !

I don't think London was too concerned either with bulldozing houses and shops for the Olympic stadium , many people were forced out of their homes and shops , there was some news about it but not a lot .

It is corrupt everywhere in the world , it's just that because it's the west it is legal corruption to the authorities .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Looks like the previous winter Olympics were advert less as well in Vancouver !

I don't think London was too concerned either with bulldozing houses and shops for the Olympic stadium , many people were forced out of their homes and shops , there was some news about it but not a lot .

It is corrupt everywhere in the world , it's just that because it's the west it is legal corruption to the authorities .

I think you are mistaken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here