[Misc] Closest free/on-street parking to Crawley Hospital

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll be spending a fair bit of time at Crawley Hospital starting today.

I'd rather not pay for parking all day every day, and I don't mind a walk.

Anyone with local knowledge of where I can park?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Been a while since I've worked in that area but if I remember correctly Asda doesn't have parking restrictions and is about a Gross 20 minute walk away - 12 minutes if you're Mitoma.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Crawley Leisure Park has free parking and it’s around a 10 minute walk away
I'd discounted that as I've read a lot of tales of people getting £60 fines.

From what I can tell it's possibly free for two hours only.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd discounted that as I've read a lot of tales of people getting £60 fines.

From what I can tell it's possibly free for two hours only.
Having researched it further, they issue fines when someone parks and is seen leaving the site, ie you need to use CLP facilities to park there.

Although it can be difficult for them to actually prove this and it's unlikely to stand up in court, I don't really want to go through the hassle of potentially have lots of these served to me for each day I go up there!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Asda and buy a few bits.

Free parking I believe, might have changed since the glory covid days....

Other wise there is pedestrian parking up the back of the hospital on the road.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have you tried one of those driveway parking sites (u probably have)….a quick search I can see a few at £6 for six hours today ….cant help with free, sorry

Last edited:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
A little bit away from the hospital there is free street parking but this is Crawley so don't take your Ferrari.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Crawley Leisure Park appear to have reduced the free parking period from four to two hours. Not great if you're visiting the Cinema!

Depending on how long you're going to be in the hospital, the cost isn't too bad - it's finding a space.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For anyone else having to do similar - the Reynolds Road area is a short walk away and with no on-street parking restrictions.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Your best bet is to park on a metered kerbside area around the back of the hospital (can’t remember the road but look for Kipling’s Garage and park near there). It’s not free but it’s not too bad and there is generally spaces.
If you’ve got time there is foc kerbside parking a bit further up outside peoples houses.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope all is ok pal ☹️

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hope all is ok pal ☹️
All good with me, directly thanks!

My mum broke her hip badly over a month ago and has been in Worthing Hospital ever since, so I've largely been resident there also. She's now been moved to Crawley Hospital and a special rehab ward.

Frankly, it's an utter pain in the arse living in Worthing as I do - it's taken about an hour to get to the hospital on each day this weekend - but it's the best place for her, and that's obviously the most important thing right now.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Having mentioned previously that they had spoken about Arundel, Bognor and Horsham, I guess they have no free beds in Zachary Merton, would have been better for you/the family by the sounds of it.

Good luck with Mum's recovery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All good with me, directly thanks!

My mum broke her hip badly over a month ago and has been in Worthing Hospital ever since, so I've largely been resident there also. She's now been moved to Crawley Hospital and a special rehab ward.

Frankly, it's an utter pain in the arse living in Worthing as I do - it's taken about an hour to get to the hospital on each day this weekend - but it's the best place for her, and that's obviously the most important thing right now.
It’s such a shame Southlands was closed down. They had an excellent rehab unit there.

All the best to your Mum for a good recovery.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Goffs Park car park is open until 5-6 ish, and you can then move your car nearer the hospital once the local restrictions end. Did this a lot when taking my mum in for chemo. 5-10 mins walk, depending on if the barriers shut for any trains into/out of Crawley station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports