Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Close supermarkets on Sundays?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nostalgia is a thing of the past as far as I am concerned. The retrospectoscope, with its rose-tinted lenses, is a seductive but treacherous device.

I think if we actually found ourselves plonked in 1972, or 1964, we would be horrified by the monotony, the lack of freedom, the petty minded ignorance, and the body odour.

That lack of freedom included work place scenarios. Luckily, I missed out on the long era where the professions worked a 9 til 6 plus Saturday mornings, with many nasty/arrogant partners or directors treating staff like dirt in very much a master and servant arrangement. The snobbish partners were bone idIe. I know a cnt still operating like that after decades, but they’re littering dying off.

Personally, I did love so many aspects of being a kid, teen and young adult in the pre-mobile phone era. I never got bored. Helped quite probably by luckily always living in the Brighton area. I got so much fresh air in playing sports with mates, exploring, making camps, cycling or walking everywhere, sorties into Brighton, (trespassing) empty buildings, generally being a nuisance. My parents rarely scared that we’d get run over or face stranger danger. By contrast our own kids have been protected, not used to risks.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can’t say I’ve ever seen them. But it’s never an issue buying a beer whatever day or time it is, there will always be a shop open.

I haven't been to Germany for a long time but I can definitely remember them back in the 90s or noughties. They would sell soft drinks, water, wine and beer. It was always great finding one with 250ml tins of Elephant Beer in it when everywhere was shut.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, it wasn't that bad - revised itinerary for you -

I remember the sinking feeling when you tuned in expecting The Big Match maybe with Peters, Osgood, George or Bowles to find that it was going to be Southern Soccer with Hiron and Milkins. To be followed by taking the kids to Sunday School, then quickly back home for a nice shag with no interruptions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here