Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season game - guess the player

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Give us a clue, which manager did he play for at Brighton?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I have cheated.

Never heard of him, if I had I would have remembered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have cheated.

Never heard of him, if I had I would have remembered.

So you have identified the player, then? If you google players who played for Derby and Forest he's not on the list (I can't see him anyway) but if you google him it says he played 4 times for Derby and over 70 for Forest. He wasn't transferred directly from one club to the other, though.

Mind you if you google Mark Flatts his list of clubs says he played for Chelsea rather than Arsenal (total mess).

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I’m sure I’m not meant to butt in without answering one but this one might be immune from Google. You start with a player at Spurs then Brighton. You then anagrammatise his surname and he’s re-appeared at Spurs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m sure I’m not meant to butt in without answering one but this one might be immune from Google. You start with a player at Spurs then Brighton. You then anagrammatise his surname and he’s re-appeared at Spurs.

He's listed in Wikipedia. I saw him play for the Albion at the Goldstone, and checked his history on Wikipedia. If you saw him play for us you'll remember him. Otherwise you'll struggle.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
So you have identified the player, then? If you google players who played for Derby and Forest he's not on the list (I can't see him anyway) but if you google him it says he played 4 times for Derby and over 70 for Forest. He wasn't transferred directly from one club to the other, though.

Mind you if you google Mark Flatts his list of clubs says he played for Chelsea rather than Arsenal (total mess).

I looked at players in the Forest Squad in the mid 70s and then he was the first one alphabetically that I'd never heard of.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I looked at players in the Forest Squad in the mid 70s and then he was the first one alphabetically that I'd never heard of.

Do you want to say, and have a go, or shall I have another go?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stop being such tart and give us the answer you tease

Barry Butlin. Scored one of the finest goals I've seen for The Albion, into the north.

Here's another player:

Chelsea
Birmingham City
QPR
Millwall
Brighton and Hove Albion
Highlands Park
St Patrick’s Athletic
Sligo Rovers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barry Butlin. Scored one of the finest goals I've seen for The Albion, into the north.

Here's another player:

Chelsea
Birmingham City
QPR
Millwall
Brighton and Hove Albion
Highlands Park
St Patrick’s Athletic
Sligo Rovers

Never heard of him :lolol:

I cheated and do know this one though, never saw him play and I’ve only vaguely heard of him

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Here's another player:

Chelsea
Birmingham City
QPR
Millwall
Brighton and Hove Albion
Highlands Park
St Patrick’s Athletic
Sligo Rovers

Gary Chivers?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Here's another player:

Chelsea
Birmingham City
QPR
Millwall
Brighton and Hove Albion
Highlands Park
St Patrick’s Athletic
Sligo Rovers

I did have a peek on google and through deduction I worked it out to be Barry Bridges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here