Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Clive Tyldesley

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Was never much of an outcry when Motty and Davies were in their prime post Coleman.

Yeah, Motty got all of the Cup Finals, but Davies was far more animated, and versatile.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Won’t be a huge loss.
Too much butt kissing of his favourite players (C Ronaldo) when at his favourite club (MUFC)

“Ooh it’s Ronaldo here by the corner flag- you just never know what genius thing he’s going to do next”

... cue Ronaldo shanking it out for a throw in...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was it Clive that asked Kevin Keegan whether David Batty was going to score the penalty shortly before he hit it? "Will he score?" "Yes" "oh nooooo". Dreadful to put the great man on the spot like that.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
Was it Clive that asked Kevin Keegan whether David Batty was going to score the penalty shortly before he hit it? "Will he score?" "Yes" "oh nooooo". Dreadful to put the great man on the spot like that.

No, that was Brian Moore.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, maybe something will come out, but maybe not. Changes like this happen. Young commentators, presenters etc replace the old. Good chance, it's just to do with the results of focus groups

I find Tyldesey way too up the arse of big clubs, but I'm guessing he's told to be like that. I like that he's prepared to properly lay into the England team when the need is called for.

As you say, no one knows what goes on behind a closed door.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
You'd leave wouldn't you, if he has been as hard done by as his video suggests then give them your notice Clive and move on.

More to this me thinks.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
ITV, Sky, BT Sport do not have match commentators. They have people who witter on about almost everything apart from the match action. They discuss hair cuts, colour boots, how wonderful certain clubs are, but actually commentating on the match is not one of the things they do. NBCSN, and the BBC still provide commentary on the match in progress to a greater or lesser extent,and provide some insight but the other companies stopped doing that years ago.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not sad to see him go to be honest, find his commentary irritating and vacuous.

Edit: Unfortunately he's not leaving just demoted!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No idea if he is good or bad or whatever but couldnt they just do the decent thing and wait a year or two until he retired..?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Sam Matterface is an excellent commentator. His radio work on TalkSport has been superb and he's being doing ITV4 stuff for a while now.

Tyldesley's problem has always been the complete DULLARDS they have paired him with. Townsend was bad enough but when they put him up with Glenn 'he's got to be scoring from there Clive' Hoddle, it was only a matter of time before he was binned off. He hasn't been too bad when he's done comms during lockdown but Matterface is a better option going forward.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Who does she support though? Nudge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't she now with Jonathan Douglas, ex of Leeds and Sawyer's club Brentford?

She deserves a medal for putting up with the excruciating Jim White on TalkSport every day.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
So he hasn't been sacked, he's just feeling sorry for himself that he's lost his role as ITV's lead commentator and is now their number two.

Time for him to suck it up and continue to enjoy what is a great gig and I'm sure very well paid.
He probably hasn't done himself any favours with the sad face video message he's released on Twitter.

He appears to have a sense of entitlement and struggling to believe that anyone could possibly replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here