Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clip now up on Sky

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, that's totally wrong it's where the original contact is, not where the player ends up.

If there is contact outside the area but the contact continues into the area, it is a penalty. Those are the rules. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439710084.860908.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If there is contact outside the area but the contact continues into the area, it is a penalty. Those are the rules.View attachment 67785

You can clearly see from the pictures that Kaz is already going over just outside, so he was felled outside the box and already going over. I'm happy with the penalty and the tackle was shocking but that clearly should have been a free kick right on the edge.. IMO.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You can clearly see from that picture Kaz is already going over, so he was felled outside the box and already going over. I'm happy with the penalty and the tackle was shocking but that clearly should have been a free kick right on the edge.

The first contact was outside the area but he also made contact inside the area which means it was a penalty: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...The-referee-right-penalty-clear-red-card.html

Never mind though, we've seen those decisions go both ways so it's nice to benefit from it and get the 3 points!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Doesn't matter we'd have scored from the free-kick. The way we dominated the first half particularly, I think the score was about right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First contact outside. The moment drags both theirs inside which is when he falls. Presumably its called when first contact made?
That's what I thought, but...

If there is contact outside the area but the contact continues into the area, it is a penalty. Those are the rules.
Are they? Oh well, doesn't matter if I don't know the rules I suppose.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He should have, but it's a bit harsh to blame him for the goal of that's what you were doing. It was a cracker.
Well I've not written to him. It was a cracker, and there was still tons to do after Bong lost it, I just thought it was a mistake, and mentioned it in the context of what the highlights show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here