Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cleverly Vs Kovalev

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
At least Cleverly now knows he doesn't have a granite chin, maybe he can go back and do some work on his defence. The father son combination may have worked for Calzaghe, but the Cleverly corner team looked a complete bunch of amateurs. Difficult to tell from that just how good Kovalev is. Obviously powerful and accurate, but was allowed to dictate the fight from the opening bell.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Really pleased for Darren Barker, he's been through a lot and I'm glad he's got his reward now.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Dose of reality for Cleverly. He has believed his own hype for too long. His last three opponents were nothing short of embarrassing. Maybe that isn't nessacerily his fault but all the same he has still been shouting his mouth off comparing himself to
Calzaghe and calling out Carl Froch. I'd stake my life that his next three opponents are ones we have never heard of before he picks a fight with the easiest light heavyweight title holder.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dose of reality for Cleverly. He has believed his own hype for too long. His last three opponents were nothing short of embarrassing. Maybe that isn't nessacerily his fault but all the same he has still been shouting his mouth off comparing himself to
Calzaghe and calling out Carl Froch. I'd stake my life that his next three opponents are ones we have never heard of before he picks a fight with the easiest light heavyweight title holder.

Cleverly now rated No.18 in the rankings which sums him up, he was never a bona fide World champ and beating the likes of Karpency and Hawk would never make him ready for Kovalev. I can't understand how Frank booked this fight as he has now lost one of his bigger names to headline the fights on Box Nation, maybe Enzo will get a WBwhatever title tilt ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here