Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Given that he's only suspended, would Gus be allowed to even apply? Gus is still under contract, so surely would need permission to talk to Stoke (or whoever else)?

i would imagine this is correct - hence why its important for this to be resolved quickly for poyet so he is available, although there is nothing stopping a club approaching Albion and asking to speak to Gus - they would have to pay compo. I dont imagine that either party here would be dragging their feet to get a resolution as soon as possible. Personally i dont see either party kissing and making up. I personally think they will all be dismissed for the breach of contract with no compo on either side. I know nowt and have no sauces spicy or otherwise. Sad way for it all to end but i do think TB had enough of Poyets comments. He was flattered by Wolves interest last season, stated numerous times he wants to manage in the prem with chelsea, arsenal and anyone else. The Suarez backing was embarrasing, the reading debacle, last away game at leeds he said he want to come back and manage this great club and then shoots his mouth off after a dissmal defeat against palace. basically if i slated my work place and my boss and his budget and said i want to go and work for his competitors i would expect the tin tack eventually.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People seem to be mentioning his suspension as if its some special state that activates a clause in other clubs coming for him. It is no different to any other point in his time with us. Officially clubs have to get permission, unofficially most people assume back channel negotiations go on in some degree. It's about him being employed by us (or not being fired yet), not about him being suspended.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nah. Nobody here of importance. Just the groundsman and a few office workers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it be a statement issued rather than a press conference but I understood from Lenny Riders post that the press officer is away on holiday so would a statement be issued by somebody else other than him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully a list of tat for sale Friday/Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports