Bridcutt - Skywalker
Barber - c3po
Tanno - R2D2
Oatway - one of the ewoks

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gus is history. I have been reliably informed by Ray Bloom that Cattlin is coming back to finish the job he started 30 years ago. He was even quoted in The Argus the other day. Plus free stick of rock for every single player!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A manager that doesn't want to be here but is in contract so can't leave.

A chairman that doesn't want the manager anymore but can't end his contract without compensation as he hasn't done anything serious enough for dismissal.

End result = everyone is snookered and has no alternative but to begrudgingly agree to continue until a club comes in for Gus who is prepared to buy him out of his contract.

BHAFC limps on until this happens.

Why anyone would want this scenario to happen is beyond me but IMO this is what is most likely.

I think you could be right. Short term anyway, until someone comes in for Gus and the club gets the compensation it wants.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Executive Director of club and Levey's right hand man,,,,,he was Marketing Director at FA.Do your homework lol. He played a massive role and a massive role in appointing Redknapp.

I was just quoting another poster who said he was marketing director. He didnt hang around long though and will probably be the same here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bloom - yoda
Poyet - OB1
Bridcutt - Skywalker
Barber - c3po
Tanno - R2D2
Oatway - one of the ewoks

I really hope he is not reading this
and he can you know :lolol:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A manager that doesn't want to be here but is in contract so can't leave.

A chairman that doesn't want the manager anymore but can't end his contract without compensation as he hasn't done anything serious enough for dismissal.

End result = everyone is snookered and has no alternative but to begrudgingly agree to continue until a club comes in for Gus who is prepared to buy him out of his contract.

BHAFC limps on until this happens.

Why anyone would want this scenario to happen is beyond me but IMO this is what is most likely.

Is the correct answer, be warned Bloom is not the altruistic saviour some may think he is - he is a ruthless businessman. We may have peaked this year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is the correct answer, be warned Bloom is not the altruistic saviour some may think he is - he is a ruthless businessman. We may have peaked this year.

So ruthless that he'll willingly settle for mediocrity from now on? That doesn't make a lot of sense ...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Treating this from a business angle rather than as Planet Football; returning is entirely possible. A proper airing of grievances, appropriately made apologies (so quite possibly not in the open depending on what lead to the issue in the first place) and a promise to change (e.g. shut up about managing other clubs / Suarez / the budget / whatever cause the issue) have often seen people back in a job after a suspension. Albeit not often staying there for long!

So, in a nutshell you accept Poyet isn't coming back because despite your reference to the business perspective, this is planet football so conjecture about apologies etc is totally irrelevant.

I was told by a players parents that Gus DID NOT meet with Reading, you say he definetly DID, you can see why these rumours go about can't you, truth is none of us know just got to sit tight, its becoming obvious the O/P didn't know for a FACT either, I think people are just posting anything in the hope eventually someone will be right

You have heard of telephones, mobiles etc. You don't have to have a face to face meeting to discuss something. That's not to say he and/or his agent didn't meet with Reading and I assume your reference to players parents is tongue in cheek!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I was just quoting another poster who said he was marketing director. He didnt hang around long though and will probably be the same here.

Hung around long enough to see them going in the right direction. They were a million miles from champions league when Barber arrived. But for Chelsea winning the bloody thing, they would have qualified two years running for it. Under a direction that he set in motion. Barber was bought in to do a job and given his cv, you would be a fool not to think he is the right man to run the football club, on a day to day basis...Poyet was a loose canon and only interested in himself, that's no good for our ambitions.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So, in a nutshell you accept Poyet isn't coming back because despite your reference to the business perspective, this is planet football so conjecture about apologies etc is totally irrelevant.

Bloom seems to live in the business world though.

Personally I don't know or care enough at this stage though.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

With all due respect my fine friend, going by statements made by Tone himself, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Yes he's ruthless at the card table and in his business life but from what I've heard of him in the past, the Albion are more than just a business to him. The Albion are part of the Bloom family and vice versa

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

How about ruthless businessman on the way to being altruistic saviour.... or even selfish saviour would do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here