Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear The Air Meeting Today

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Werent there a number of applicants when he applied and got the job.

There was many,,,funny how Bloom appointed someone who has history with Poyet, don't you think???.....This club is Bloom's show, he appoints the cast. Barber maybe everyone's idea of the pantomime villain, but it was Bloom the cast him in that role......and I trust Bloom 100% to do what's right for this/his club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People who get inside info need to be aware of the rashomon effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon_effect

Gus isn't going to be telling everyone the club's position with great accuracy, and the club (bloom, barber, etc.) aren't going to give you Gus's point of view with any great accuracy. Just because you've heard something from "a good source" doesn't mean it is the truth. It could just be true from a certain point of view (like darth vader killing annakin skywalker!)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why say fact. I can tell you Poyet did speak to Reading and offered him twice the player budget that we were offering (24m is what I was told). The club were expecting him to go and were surprised when he turned them down.

They are facts.
What is your source?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
i can tell you with absolute certainty.................. i know nothing!!! but am enjoying the thread immensely....thats also a fact!!

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You haven't got to be mystic meg to know Poyet is always going to have issue's with a guy that's seen him off before. That's just the nature of the man, his ego probably can't cope with it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
me personally, I think it would be massively backwards step to reconcile on any terms - Gus has done his best and that will always be appreciated and respected, but staying now is only delaying the inevitable and I want a manager in for whole of next season (and beyond) who is 100% committed to the club properly, and not just until a better offer comes along. Once the basic (blind) trust is broken, patching it up will only be a short term solution. If he stays I will of course back 100% but for me it will be the wrong decision for the wrong reasons and we will regret it next season at some point.

Good post...as David Bowie said in the film the 'Labyrinth'...."What's said is said"....you can try and reconcile but you never forget...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You haven't got to be mystic meg to know Poyet is always going to have issue's with a guy that's seen him off before. That's just the nature of the man, his ego probably can't cope with it.

As marketing director what input would PB have had into the sacking of Ramos and Poyet? From what is shown about Daniel Levy I would say very little if anything.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
According to a work colleague who has business connections with the Bloom family....

Huge fall out between Barber and Gus, Bloom stuck in the middle, clear the air talks being held yesterday and today, Gus reigned in on a few things and review of playing budget has taken place, extended contract for Gus and his staff with a personal apology to follow with regards to his post Palace comments and subsequent e mail sent to senior management within the club. (The basis of his suspension)

Not spreading bullshit, just passing on what I was told today by someone who I trust, take it or leave it.
You might just be passing on in good faith what someone told you, but you are most definitely spreading bullshit!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Looking increasingly likely that Gus is staying :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Up yours anti-Gus brigade, the legend that is Gus Poyet could be here to stay afterall - Climb back on this bandwagon lads, because your current one reeks of shite!

Eagerly anticipating all the U-turns and retracted words if it happens :lolol:
Errrm. I hope you have have something soft to land on, because if this thread has got you all excited, you are in for one hell of a fall:eek:

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
There was many,,,funny how Bloom appointed someone who has history with Poyet, don't you think???.....This club is Bloom's show, he appoints the cast. Barber maybe everyone's idea of the pantomime villain, but it was Bloom the cast him in that role......and I trust Bloom 100% to do what's right for this/his club.

One comma is enough by the way Kev.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why say fact. I can tell you Poyet did speak to Reading and offered him twice the player budget that we were offering (24m is what I was told). The club were expecting him to go and were surprised when he turned them down.

I was told by a players parents that Gus DID NOT meet with Reading, you say he definetly DID, you can see why these rumours go about can't you, truth is none of us know just got to sit tight, its becoming obvious the O/P didn't know for a FACT either, I think people are just posting anything in the hope eventually someone will be right

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As marketing director what input would PB have had into the sacking of Ramos and Poyet? From what is shown about Daniel Levy I would say very little if anything.

Executive Director of club and Levey's right hand man,,,,,he was Marketing Director at FA.Do your homework lol. He played a massive role and a massive role in appointing Redknapp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here